Happy Saturday, my friends! I don’t know about you but, I need a nap. A giant, giant nap. While I’m getting my sleep on, here are some interesting links for you to chew on and look over. There are some good ones in this list, so make sure you check them out.
Ready to go?
- Explaining the facts of life to your mother: It’s the old bird and the bees talk for the Internet age. Because who hasn’t had to have “the talk” with their parents? This is perhaps the greatest thing you’ll read all weekend. You’re welcome.
- The Short & Sweet Guide To Being Awesome: I fall in love with everything Julien writes and this, really, is no exception. In it, Julien tells you everything you need to know about how to live an awesome life.
- What your 16-hour workday says about you: Go turn the computer off and have a weekend, eh? You’re not impressing anyone and you may be killing yourself.
- The Lessons We Learn: What happens when the best advice you can give someone is to unlearn everything they were taught – by their teachers, themselves and society? This one will stick with you.
- More US Soldiers Committed Suicide Than Died In Combat: For the second year in a row, more soldiers have killed themselves than were killed in combat. There’s some symbolism for you.
- Why More Women Should Write Comedy: Cliffnotes: If more women put themselves out there as comedy writers, more successful comedy writers will be women. Also, who’s the funniest writer on the Web you know? For me, it’s Rebecca Kelley. See? A chick.
- I look like an Oatmeal character: Earlier this week Ben Cook made a startling discovery. It seems, well, he kind of looks like one of the Oatmeal characters. I don’t know, Ben, I’d sue. ;) [Just kidding, don’t sue Matt. The Internet loves him.]
- 8 Amazing Stories of Dying Wishes Come True: The little girl who hid love notes to her parents? Too much.
- Woman runs over cousin after she “friends” mutual love interest: I…uh…WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? Oh, Long Island.
- French bulldog can’t get up: Oh. My God. Can you even take it? You want to snuggle and smoosh him, don’t you? ME TOO!
That’s it from me. I’m heading back to dreamland. See you Monday, Internet.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.