Digital Marketing Careers in the NY Capital District
Current open positions include the following:
What does it mean to be Outspoken?
Outspoken Media is a leader in our industry, recognized for an honest approach to high-quality work. Since the Outspoken Media brand is bigger than any one individual, we are in the fortunate position to choose stellar clients. This naturally breeds passion and accountability within the team. Outspoken Media isn’t just a job, it’s a career that is uniquely positioned to grow successful marketers and managers through rigorous, hands-on training.
Currently, we’re a small team with big clients and more contacting us everyday. This means we need to grow the team, but we aren’t just looking for anyone. We need driven, passionate minds who can effectively manage their day without losing sight of the results we need to achieve for clients and ourselves.
There are several key traits that our team members, regardless of role, embody that help them succeed at Outspoken Media:
Accountability – We’re still in “startup” mode, which means we’re a pretty tight group. We put in long hours at the office and sometimes have to do business trips out of town. Being able to balance that culture is a must.
Agility – Small, repetitious tasks and high-level, strategic planning are part and parcel of the day-to-day work. You must be willing to adapt to the needs of the work, the environment we’re in, and our clients.
Outspokenness – It should go without saying, but as a small business we thrive on open, honest communication and feedback from our team. You need to be able to take ownership for your work and let us know if you need more training, better tools, more direction, etc. We’ll do our best to listen to and meet those needs.
Detail-Oriented – Work hard with an eye for detail. Work ethic is huge, but even more important is making sure that work is done right after you’ve been effectively trained to do it. We are a team that tries to put out our best work each day!
Analytical and Creative Thinking – Search engine optimization is both a science and an art. Being able to switch from a Google Analytics report to brainstorming link development techniques is essential.
Curiosity – Keeping up with the industry means having a constant thirst for knowledge. Everyone on our team brings something new to the table. We like that and we want to embrace your strengths and make sure you continue learning. The company is only as good as the team behind it and this industry evolves quickly. Continually learning is a must.
Do you have what it takes to be outspoken?
If you do, the right candidate will work in a fast-paced, fun environment. You’ll be able to immerse yourself in search engine optimization (SEO) and social media, and learn from some of the industry’s best. Getting in on the ground level also means your voice gets heard. Is eating organic and recycling important to you? How about giving back to the community through volunteer work? Maybe your passion is for learning a new skill set or getting certified with a certain tool. Whatever matters most to you, we listen and support it. We want you to stay focused on your individual purpose without losing it in the day-to-day of the company’s. The only reason this company exists in the first place is to better ourselves and the communities we support.
We will listen to you. That’s a promise. In return we want the best and brightest SEOs, social media strategists, digital marketers, and writers the Capital District has to offer.
Interested? Learn more about our current openings below. Don’t see your ideal job listed? If you think you’re a perfect fit, contact us anyways.
Other Internet Marketing Jobs in Troy, New York:
In addition to encompassing the key traits that help drive success at Outspoken Media, the SEO Manager requires a high level of analytical thinking, technical knowledge, and managerial expertise. The SEO Manager will be the direct point of contact for 1-2 accounts in addition to aiding the rest of the team with reporting, high-level SEO diagnostics, and Google Analytics and Webmaster Central data analysis. The SEO Manager does more than simply find problems; they seek out possible solutions and effectively communicate the steps necessary to achieve success to both the team and to clients.
- 3 years hands-on project management including the development, execution, and evaluation of SEO services
- 2 years management experience, preferably in a small to medium sized marketing agency
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics and Webmaster Central
- Excellent project management abilities with proven follow-through and delegation skills
- Ability to understand client goals, define metrics, and generate reports that demonstrate the value of our services
- Strong writing and communication skills. Client communication, blog post, strategy document, and audit writing are a critical part of the day-to-day responsibilities
- Intimate familiarity with SEO tools such as SEOmoz, Raven, Majestic SEO, and other SEO tools and plug-ins
- Industry knowledge and curiosity.
- Self-awareness. Own your skills and your awesomeness, but know where you need help.
- Google Analytics Certification
- Experience working with E-commerce clients
- Strong personal web presence through Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Advanced HTML/HTML5 knowledge a plus
- Advanced understanding of a variety of CMS platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla
Internet Marketing Consultant
The Internet Marketing Consultant is an entry level position. We’re happy to train if the right person meets the minimum requirements. The Internet Marketing Consultant manages 2-4 clients, and is responsible for client communication, link building, keyword research, monitoring, social media account management, and content creation. Although there are tasks that must be completed on a regular basis, this person must have a desire to seek out new opportunities to help clients.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) and Google Docs (preference given to those with Google Analytics, keyword research and keyword ranking tool experience)
- Proficiency with Twitter, Facebook (profiles and pages), YouTube, Flickr, blogs (preference given to those with WordPress experience), widgets, etc.
- Preference given to those with at least 1-year experience with a marketing agency
- Experience managing projects and teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation and a strong drive to learn and share new skills
- 1-2 years’ experience in in-house or agency Internet marketing a plus
- Previous link building experience
- Experience managing your own blog a plus
Salary is based on experience. We cover 100% of your health insurance, and 100% long-term disability and short-term disability. One-week vacation, sick days and major holidays off.
For consideration, please send a resume to careers[at]outspokenmedia[dot]com. We like results. Show us what you’ve done!