Hi! Oh…you’re here. Fine. I guess that means I have to stop eating cake now. Did you hear we celebrated a birthday this week? If not, check out Rhea’s post from earlier this week where she talks about Outspoken Media in 2012, what we’ve been up to and what’s still to come. It’ll give you a pretty good glimpse into why we walk around so excited all the time. [It’s because our team is awesome.]
But it’s time for Weekend Coffee Links! Our collection of everything that caught our eye this week. Ready to jump in?
- How to be an effective CEO: Chief Emotions Officer: This post takes the idea of that color wheel we all learned about back in kindergarten and flips it on its head to talk about the emotions we all need to unpack. It’s a surprisingly interesting read.
- The science of willpower: Everything you ever wanted to know about willpower and how to get more of it.
- The rise of the new groupthink: How teamwork hinders creativity and why introverts like yours truly have it all figured out. ;)
- 20 great excuses for not getting anything done at the coffee shop: I know, you have absolutely no idea what this article is talking about. We won’t judge.
- The Twitter bot devoted to a single grammatical error: Long live the Internet!
- The commoditisation of the entrepreneur: My buddy Ezra Butler makes the argument that entrepreneurship has become “the Ritalin of the masses”, focusing their efforts on doing something “positive”. Yeah. Go read it.
- Follow All the Morons Confused by Wikipedia’s Blackout in One Place: Wikipedia went dark earlier this week in its protest of SOPA. However, not everyone go the memo as to why the site was taking the day off. So the did what people on the Internet always do. They freaked the hell out.
And that’s it. What cool stuff did you stumble upon this week? Give it to me, Interwebz.