Hola, friends. How was your week? Was it as warm and gorgeous where you are as it was here in Upstate New York? I sure hope so. To help soothe you back into your weekend bliss, it’s time for some Weekend Coffee Links. Material for you to peruse while you enjoy a frothy beverage, put your feet up, and spend today doing exactly what you want to do?
Ready to go on an adventure with me?
- “Boy CEO” Mark Zuckerberg’s Two Smartest Projects: Pretty interesting profile on Mark Zuckerberg and his transition from Boy CEO to the billion-dollar mogul we see today. Because when you hit it big at 20, you still have to take some time to find yourself.
- Are bananas much better than cookies: In terms of nutrients? Yes. In terms of the sugar crashing afterward? Nooope.
- Parenting in Five Minutes or Less: I don’t have kids, but even I love these quick parenting tips from Maggie. Let’s face it, kids or not, we could all use some tips on getting more done while also reclaiming our sanity.
- Facebook’s “dark side”: Study finds link to socially aggressive narcissism: Researchers have established a direct link between the number of friends you have on Facebook and the degree to which you are a “socially disruptive” narcissist. In other words, Best. Study. Ever.
- 10 stubborn exercise myths: It feels like everyone I know is in the middle of some sort of weight loss regime lately so…just some important things to know before you hurt yourself.
- Jets and new quarterback Tim Tebow could cash in on NY stardom: There was a lot of talk earlier this week about whether Tim Tebow’s rockstar personal brand would come in handy with his fate on the trading block. After being picked up by the New York Jets, all eyes are certainly on the 24 year old. He’ll be able to cash in on his brand…but only if he wins.
- Star rabbit dies when photographer takes wrong step: What was supposed to be this rabbit’s biggest day turned into tragedy when he was stepped on and killed during his media spotlight. Poor thing. Also? I love that this is on NPR.
- Celebrities read tweets about themselves: Jimmy Kimmel asks celebrities to read tweets sent to them from fans. It’s pretty awesome. Poor Kristen Bell. She didn’t deserve that.
- America’s 25 Most Hated Foods: I don’t know. I just can’t get on board with this. The 23rd most hated foot is avocado? Avocado is probably in my top five of FAVORITE foods. You people are all crazy. Also, you’re WRONG!
- Blonde hilariously explains meaning of “miles per hour”: This is so good I’m pretty sure it has to be staged (especially since her husband is in marketing), but it’s also so good that I don’t care.
Well, that’s it from me. Anything you want to share? Do so in the comments.