It’s the weekend! Does it feel like Fall where you are? It certainly does here. Last weekend it was fully summer and this week I had to wear socks and sneakers for the first time in five months. Craziness! I’m about to head down to Long Island get in a Suffolk County State of Mind so let’s get right to the good stuff. Are you ready for some Weekend Coffee Links? I am.
Here we go!
- How to keep someone with you forever: You know that happy feeling you just got in your belly thinking this would be a sweet, mushy link? Yeah, it’s not. It’s actually much darker than that. But you should still read it. Because it may help you see things differently.
- 106-year-old says resisting romance made her stronger: Of course, not everyone wants someone to stay with them forever. Isabella Blyth credits her long, healthy life to never dealing with some dude’s crap or waiting on a phone call that never came. I can respect that. Boys suck. ;)
- Staying healthy and sane at a startup: I really, really needed to read this. You probably do, too.
- Study reveals which dances moves attract women: Men, whomever came up with this research IS LYING TO YOU. Do you hear me? Do not replicate this. Not even a little.
- “Waistline” vs Actual Waistline: Do you know why people are getting fatter? Because we LIE to them about what size they are. Sure, you can eat that brownie. Your waist is still 36 inches. And by 36″, Old Navy really means 41″. You want fries with that?
- Read this everyday: Just something to print out and put on your wall. I already did.
- Clients from Hell: SEO Edition: People who don’t understand SEO are adorable. Until they think that they do.
- Why being naive can make you a fortune: I try not to include industry-related posts in with the Weekend Coffee Links but I just love this one so much. Sonia Simone is a super hero.
- Workplace Salaries: Women On Top: In 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in the U.S., the median full-time salaries of young women are 8% higher than those of the guys in their peer group. There.
- North Carolina restaurant bans screaming children: Huzzah! Now if we could just get screaming kids off planes, life would be complete. If you can’t control your kids, don’t take them outside.
- Singing puppies to sleep: I mean, C’MON! Also, I wonder if he can do that to yelping children, as well?
And that’s it from me. Have a super weekend. Catch you guys on Monday.