In one month, SearchLove is coming to NYC for two days (Oct 31st and Nov 1st). Run by the Distilled agency, the SearchLove conference series delivers advanced, keynote-style sessions from the industry’s most engaging and skilled speakers. It’s different and exciting.
Which begs the question — why?
In prepping for my presentation (I’m presenting on online reputation management), Will Critchlow told me to picture Rand Fishkin and himself as the audience. As a speaker I’m being challenged to speak to my peers and educate them on something NEW in an industry that often feels regurgitated or greedy (at least that’s the perception at times, even in the face of major search changes). SearchLove is demanding that speakers be innovative and advanced. Attendees win.
If you can’t attend, our very own Michelle Lowery will be covering the sessions on the Outspoken Media blog, so stay tuned for that.
If you can attend, let’s meet up! Hopefully, you’re as stoked as me. I’m so excited that I wanted to list the things I love about SearchLove (and it hasn’t even begun, yet):
- The speakers. They’re not just brilliant, they’re good people. If you pull any of them aside to talk shop, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
- The format. In-depth, solo presentations mean you’re going to get the best of each speaker and their areas of expertise.
- The networking. It’s NYC over Halloween with a bunch of search geeks. This is going to be fun and exceptionally productive at the same time.
- Site reviews. If you have specific problems, this is where to bring them for invaluable information from the expert panelists.
- Focus on action & ROI. There is nothing more critical in our industry than being able to demonstrate measurable and profitable results.
- Costumes! For anyone that knows me, you know I take costumes (and super heros) seriously.
- Paying it forward. Startups can compete to win a pass or videos from the conference.
- It’s close to home. Not going to lie, having an advanced SEO conference in NYC is kind of awesome for all of the in-house and agency folks who can’t break away for SMX Advanced in Seattle or SearchLove London.
- Healthy competition. I cannot over-emphasize the quality of these presentations, because the speakers are going to want to one-up each other and prove that NYC is superior to the London lineup.
- The accents. Yes, I could listen to Tom and Will talk for hours. How could you not?
Sometimes it’s difficult to stay motivated in SEO. Personally, after seven years of active search marketing experience, it’s easy to adopt a “been there, done that” attitude towards the work. Complacency is the kiss of death in any business, so when I can find ways to stimulate my cerebral cortex and heart, this nerd gets happy and the work gets even better. SearchLove is a shot of SEO adrenaline and I hope to see you there!