Welcome to the weekend, fearless friends! It’s Saturday morning. That means the entire weekend is still yours to claim and anything is possible. But…before you venture out, here are some Weekend Coffee Links to help you kick start your day. They are the links that made us think, made us giggle and a few that we found slightly disturbing. Grab your morning coffee (or Saturday mimosas) and let’s get to it.
Ready? Okay then.
- 5 Signs That You’re Liked on Twitter: Because, admit it, you care. Even though you say you don’t. You’re also sitting over there obsessing over your follower numbers. Don’t even try to lie; we know you are.
- How to post photos on the Internet: Half true, half making fun of everyone who is pretentious about it. It’s basically my favorite type of blog post.
- The Girl Who Conned The Ivy League: It takes a lot for me to read a 6 page article online, but this story is absolutely incredible and worth your time. How easy it would have been for anyone to become Esther Reed.
- Generation Y is too quiet, too conservative: Do we fight enough or do we just agree to avoid conflict? Doesn’t disagreeing with someone really just show you respect them enough to challenge them? I think so. How about you?
- Greenpost Peter Pan Fiasco (video): This is not funny. It’s not. It’s sad, really. Unless you’ve ever had to sit through a high school theater presentation. Then it’s freakin’ hilarious and what you’ve secretly always wanted to happen.
- Buddies: My buddy, my buddy, my buddy, my buddy, wherever I go, heeeee’s gonna go. Hey, everyone needs a best friend, right?
- Objects In The Mirror: Sad. But important.
- Don’t Carry Condoms In D.C. – You Could Be Charged With Prostitution: The title pretty much sums it up. Two condoms and you’re okay. Try to carry three and you’re a giant prostitute who will be arrested.
- Neil Young Sings ‘Pants On The Ground’: American Idol contestant General Larry Platt gave us the first hit of the 2010 AI season. And then Neil Young went and covered it on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. It’s awesome. The only hard part is trying to decide who he just made relevant: The 62-year-old AI contest or Jimmy Fallon.
- The Original ‘Wonka’ Kids All Grown Up: Do not click this link. It is your childhood forever ruined.
- Super Platypus Brothers: zomg, get ready to go, “aww!” And if that doesn’t work then read about the puppy rescued form the train tracks. It’s what Hallmark movies are made of!
That about does it for me. Anything that grabbed your attention over the past seven days? Do you think ‘Pants on the Ground’ is going to be the big hit of 2010? Sound off.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.