Hola, amigos. It’s the weekend. Glory be to the highest and all that jazz. To kick things off right, how about a steaming helping of weekend coffee links? Something to get your mind going on what’s probably a chilly day wherever you are.
Ready? Go grab some coffee or something. It’s the perfect way to begin a weekend morning. We’ll hop in.
- Advice from a former obese kid: Many of us have made resolutions to ourselves that THIS will be the year we’ll finally take charge of our health. Well, here’s how one obese kid changed things around to become a healthier adult.
- If this is what being an A-list blogger is, I’m happy to be on the D List: Penelope Trunk’s been making readers uncomfortable like its her job for years, but did she go too far posting a picture displaying domestic violence and then rationalizing it? This blogger thinks yes and I agree with her.
- Why placebos work: Why they work and how you can use them to accomplish your goals.
- Driven to Distraction: A video with Googler Vic Gundotra talking about how the software in his Mercedes saved his life. Paying attention while you drive can also save your life.
- Harder for Americans to Rise from Lower Rungs: Why the American Dream isn’t all it’s cracked up to be and people from lower incomes are having a harder time “making it”.
- Corgi found alive 4 days after Montana avalanche: Go ahead, you make fun of his little legs, this guy survived an avalanche. Sadly, his owner did not.
- How Yoga Can Wreck Your Body: Okay, so maybe yoga doesn’t kill, but turns out it can seriously mess you up.
That’s it from me. A shorter list this week. Help me fill in some holes – what did YOU find and read this week? Share it in the comments!