Saturday! Huzzah! I hope you all had a great week and that you are now enjoying a much-deserved day off with your friends, loved ones or at least a furry animal or two. You probably have things to do today, so I’ll just get right to it. You’re here for the links, yes?
Good. Because here they are.
- 29-year-old woman hears herself for the first time: Born deaf, a woman hears her own voice for the first time after receiving a hearing implant. Science is pretty freakin’ awesome, if you ask me.
- Why smart people have a tough time dating: Five reasons really smart people are not good at that whole dating thing. Do note the spelling error in the Title tag. I found that amusingly ironic considering the title and subject matter. Oh…this is probably what they’re talking about.
- America, popularity, good grades: Perhaps related to the link above. And maybe a sign I have some issues I need to deal with. ;)
- Red Sox Indignation: Why Boston fans will continue to be as annoying as ever after Wednesday night’s utter and total collapse.
- Women have stronger immune systems than men: An interesting read on why women have a stronger immune system than men and why they’re less likely to get cancer. I’m not sure I fully believe this as I’ve been struggling to lose a cold for nearly twice as long as my boyfriend did. But science says so.
- Woman walking cross country: A 24-year-old woman is walking from from San Francisco to New York, armed with a 52-page direction guide from Google Maps to help her get there. You couldn’t make this up if you tried.
- Female columnist writes about football, told to “stay in the kitchen next time”: A female reporter for the Albany Times Union (our local paper) wrote a snarky column about the Bills’ 2-0 start and received a flood of comments and phone calls from people telling her to “stay in the kitchen next time” and other derogatory comments. The story was picked up by Poynter, but again the comments mostly blame the author. Keep it classy, folks.
- Newsflash: This isn’t my little f*cking pony: I love Julien.
- Baby bears wrestling match: Cutest. Killers. Ever!
And that’s it from me. Any interesting links you’d like to share with the group? Leave it for us in the comments.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.