Hello there. I just wanted to wish you the happiest of weekends. And to kick yours off, here is some fantastic reading material. From the serious to the woman who was hilariously “attacked” by a turkey. I’m sure he just wanted to snuggle, don’t you think?
Onto the links.
- Turkey attack: OMG, just do yourself a favor and watch this. You’ll thank me. I promise.
- The secret to dealing with difficult people: Turns out it’s all about the lens you wear. So, it’s your fault if that annoying person is still bothering you, not theirs. How you like them apples?
- Why you should never, ever use two spaces after a period: Why what you think you know about spacing is actually wrong. And why it’s the typewriter’s fault.
- The Anti-Social Network: Why Facebook is making us sadder by showing us how happy everyone else is. This made me laugh so hard, though I’m not sure that was the intended reaction. Insecurity is hilarious.
- Kids’ sugar cravings might be biological: Babies come hardwired with the ability to detect sweet and will prefer sweeter tastes to less sweet ones. Who knew?
- How a 27 year old maid makes $150,000 a year: I’m a sucker for a good story and this is a pretty good one. There’s nothing cooler than someone who was able to spot a hole, fill it, and then profit accordingly.
- The great pumpkin: When will boys learn that it’s not size that matters?
- Magazines are a poor substitute for an iPad: A 1-year-old little girl attempts to read a magazine like she’d use an iPad. I love this. She seems so confused and frustrated when it doesn’t work for her. Dumb magazine.
- Couple lost in corn maze calls 911: I laugh, but at the same time, I know that this would totally be me. I would be the idiot who gets lost for hours and finally needs to call the police to come rescue me.
- Even the Apollo 11 astronauts had to go through customs: But at least they got to write “moon” as their departure date. I wonder if they got a special stamp for that? Like an old school FourSquare badge?
And that’s it from me. Quite an assortment of links, eh? :)
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.