Hello, friends. Welcome back to your weekend. I do hope you’ll use it to do something totally rockin’ and weekend-worthy. You deserve it. To help get you into the spirit of things, check out our fun link finds from the week that was January 23. I hope it was a good one for you. I had a blast.
Onto the links:
- Who Are You Online? A 360-degree view: A scaled assessment to figure out who you really are when you go online.
- An Introvert’s Guide to Networking: Just because you’re an introvert doesn’t mean you can’t use conferences and events as a valuable way to make connections and get your foot in the door. You’ll find some advice for how to do it here. If nothing else, you’ll also realize you’re not alone. There are a lot of us introverts out there who tweet about parties we’re not actually at. Um, not that I’ve ever done that.
- Does Google Accurately Guess Your Age And Gender: For some reason you’d think Google would be better at this. However, based on my searching, Google says I’m a 35-44 year old man. Google? You get an F.
- No Pet For You: Why it’s sometimes easier to get a kidney on the black market than rescue a puppy from a shelter.
- How Sitting All Day Is Damaging Your Body: Yes, I know, we’re all aware of how our desk jobs are literally sending us to an early grave. However, this article gives you a timeline of that deterioration AND shows you how to counteract it. So, reading this can save your life. No charge.
- The most common causes of a check engine light and what you should do about them: Why am I including this? Because my check engine light was on for two and half years (SHUT UP!) before I finally got it checked out. The root of my issue is the first mentioned on this list. It cost me $17 to fix.
- Bronx Zoo offers roach naming promotion ahead of Valentine’s Day: Not sure what to get your sweetie for Valentine’s Day? Why not name a ROACH after them?! Um, yes. Please never do this.
- T-Rex Trying to Paint His House: Sometimes it’s the little things in life. GET IT?! LITTLE ARMS!
- 20 of the World’s Wittiest Twitter Bios: See, had I know there was a competition I would have shown up to compete. I’ll get ‘em next time.
- How I see things vs how my cat see things: I try not to include too many content that revolves around cats because I’m not sure it helps my street cred, however, this one actually made me laugh. So here you go.
That’s it from me. As always, the comments are yours. Have a great weekend and I’ll see you crazy kids on Monday.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.