Happy Saturday, everyone! You’ll notice that today’s episode of the Weekend Coffee Links has a name. This is because Michael Gray whined about it. Hopefully he’s happy now and will leave me alone. No…. he probably won’t, but at least I tried.
So how was your week? I hope it was everything you needed it to be to enjoy the weekend. I woke up to Saturday with a sore throat. Very funny, Universe, very funny. Below are some of my favorite link finds for the week. Grab a drink of your choosing and let’s hop into them together. Ready?
- The homeless brother I cannot save: Ashley Womble’s little brother Jay, battling schizophrenia, left his keys on the coffee table one day and decided to become homeless. This details her fight to save him and her fears of where he may be today. It’s my pick of the week.
- The Problem With Getting Better, Happier, Stronger: Are you building relationships with people who hold you back and encourage you to remain miserable? The answer is, “yeah, probably”. A raw one from Jamie Varon that you may see yourself in.
- We become the company we keep, Part 2: When you’re done reading Jamie’s post, read this one. It’s a little diddy about how surrounding yourself with negative people makes you, well, more negative. I promise the links get happier down below…
- Photos that imagine what a baby might be dreaming: I finally have a compelling reason to breed. Think of the twitpics I could create with a real, live baby!
- 5 days in denver, 5 days in a hospital, and the things that actually matter: While Nicole has a reputation for talking about sex toy [obviously NSFW] and other inappropriate things, this post blows all that out of the water. It will give you that lump in your throat and remind you of what really matter between people. Best thing I’ve read from her.
- 100 days sober: lessons learned: Jolie O’Dell shares the words of wisdom she’s acquired as she again tries to live a sober lifestyle.
- Darth Vader Robs Bank (Photos, Oh Yes, Photos): What? That Comic-Con ticket is expensive, you know?
- A passing thought: I’m not sure I was supposed to giggle at this, but I did anyway. Especially the part about people getting mad when our gadgets give us the wrong answers. Hi, general population, WE’RE INSANE! :)
- You are sexually attracted to your parents, yourself: I’m just gonna let you read this one for yourselves. I’ll get myself in trouble if I try to be quirky right now.
- Southwest kicks thin woman off flight: Since it didn’t work so well when they kicked off the chubby guy, Southwest tried it in reverse. Turns out people still don’t like it.
Those are my interesting finds for the week. Share yours.