Weekend Coffee Links: Puppy Jesus Editionby Lisa Barone on 03/05/2011 • 2 Comments | Reading Nuggets
Happy Saturday, everyone! How did your week go? We had a fantastic week here at Outspoken Media after bringing the lovely Michelle in to spend a few fun days in the Outspoken Media office with us. We got to work, introduce her to some new hires, and show her all the beautiful sights of Troy, NY. You be quiet! I SWEAR WE HAVE SIGHTS! :) It was a great week, but now it’s time to share some great links and laughs.
I’ll go first. Then you.
- The Very Rich Indie Writer: Amanda Hocking is 26 years old and, in January 2011 alone, she made 450k off her self-published books. Not a bad college job, eh?
- Why bloggers vs journalists is still with us: Going to SXSW? Someone take notes of this presentation for me, eh? I’ll mail you a cookie.
- I’m Happy: This made me smile. I guess I’m happy, too.
- Brandon Davies and the principles that set an ugly example: As you’ve probably already heard, BYU basketball player Brandon Davies was dismissed from the team after violating the school’s honor code and having pre-marital sex with his girlfriend. While we all feel for the kid, you can’t say he didn’t know what he was signing up for. Heather Armstrong shared her very level-headed comments on her blog.
- High school basketball player dies after winning shot: 16-year-old Fennville High School basketball player Wes Leonard died after collapsing moments after he scored the game-winning layup. Devastating.
- The best time of day to make a big decision: When do you think it is? I guarantee you that you’re wrong.
- Euthanized puppy comes back from the dead: An Oklahoma puppy who was euthanized, declared dead, and thrown in a dumpster surprised everyone when he turned out to be still alive and healthy. Oops! Puppy will now be renamed Jesus [kidding].
- How to Avoid Talking To People You Don’t Want To Talk To (video, NSFW): I dare you to use this at SMX or Pubcon next week.
- Will & Kate turned into commemorative puzzle: Forget t-shirts, I want to make a Ladies of Outspoken Media PUZZLE!
That’s it from me. Your turn. Whatcha got for me? Don’t forget, we’ll be bringing you full coverage of both SMX West and PubCon South next week. If you haven’t checked out our coverage schedule, get to it.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.