Weekend Coffee Links: Post-Party Editionby Lisa Barone on 12/17/2011 • No Comments | Reading Nuggets
Hello there. Is it Saturday? You’re all here so it must be. And that means I have survived Outspoken Media’s 2011 Holiday Party. Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate what really was a banner year for us. We couldn’t be more grateful. But you didn’t come here for that. You came here for some fun weekend reading. And I wouldn’t want to let you down.
- Anonymous donor pays off Kmart layaway accounts: Anonymous donors are stepping up to pay off the layaway accounts for others. Take a second and read this article. It will restore your faith in not only the holidays, but in people. We need more of this.
- Scientist captures 90,000 hours of video of his son’s first words: To understand how we learn language, this scientist dad filmed his son for 90,000 hours and then graphed the results. In one video you literally hear how his son learned the word “ball” over time. It’s pretty crazy.
- 30 things to stop doing to yourself: A New Year is on its way, yes? Start it off by NOT doing these 30 things anymore. Your mind will thank you.
- My 3-month Facebook dialogue with a scammer: Don’t lie. You know you’ve always wanted to see just how far you could push these people. Or…maybe that was just me. Either way, this is hilarious.
- The car repairs you can (seriously) do yourself: Lifehacker attempts to save you some funds by showing you how to do common car maintenance all on your own. I….don’t know. I think I’ll still bring it to the professionals. I don’t want to drive off a bridge when my brakes fail.
- Why do we celebrate with balloons?: A short and sweet history of rubber balloons. What? You know you’re interested.
- HTTP status codes, now with cats: I don’t even’t care if you judge me for sharing this.
- Pitbull vs Kitten: Watch as this DANGEROUS pitbull furiously SNUGGLES and PLAYS with a rambunctious kitten.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.