Weekend Coffee Links: Love & Money Editionby Lisa Barone on 01/15/2011 • 5 Comments | Reading Nuggets
Well, hello again, Friends! How was your week? I hope it was a productive one and that you’re now able to enjoy your weekend. Too much work will send you to an early grave, you know? Make sure to find some time this weekend for yourself. And in case you need some light reading to help you get started, I present you with the Weekend Coffee Links. You’re sure to find something here to whet your palette.
You take a look at these. I’ll see you kids on Monday.
- You’re the reason why you don’t have a job: I’m not a big fan of excuses, which means I’m a huge fan of this post. If you don’t have a job, stop blaming the economy, your age, or claiming you’re “over-qualified”. Because, it’s not the recession, you just suck. ;)
- 31% Admit Financial Deception: Well, well, isn’t this interesting?! One in three Americans who combined their finances admitted lying to their spouses about money, 16 percent of those situations end in divorce. More proof that money and marriage ruin everything. ;)
- Writing in the age of distraction: Two years old, but as relevant as ever. Web writing tips from the awesome Cory Doctorow
- The Bitching Point: Do nice girls finish last or does embracing the “bitch” mentality do more harm than good? This is an interesting one.
- What Problogger’s 4-year-old son taught him about blogging: I was present at BlogWorld when Darren originally told this story and, let me just tell you, I think the entire audience got a little emotional. A fantastic story via one of blogging’s greats.
- Bitterness, Anger And Betrayal At MySpace: With reports that MySpace has laid off 50 percent of its staff and rumors the company may be done by the summer, this letter becomes increasingly sad.
- No, your zodiac sign hasn’t changed: You know how everyone freaked out and went crazy on Thursday? Yeah, just kidding, Internet! Your zodiac tattoos are safe.
- Blue Rat & M&Ms: This story caught my eye because Rhea has made it known that she is morally opposed to blue M&Ms. But, it turns out they’re not so bad (well, except that they turn rats blue). [Yes, I noticed the date stamp on this story. I’m still including it.]
- The secret habit of Twitter addicts: I…can’t even lie. I am guilty of everything this articles mentions. Yes, I sleep with my phone under my pillow. Yes, I check Twitter in the middle of the night. Yes, I tweet and then go back to sleep. I need help.
And that’s it for me. Have a great weekend!
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.