Holy moly, it’s Saturday. What a week this has been for Outspoken Media as we moved into our brand new Troy, NY office. I mean, Rhea and I now have to leave our apartments to go to work. No more rolling out of bed and straight toward the laptop. WHAT HAVE WE DONE?! The truth is Outspoken Media has taken a major step into adolescents and I couldn’t be happier. It’s an exciting time around and the crazy is only going to continue! To keep the excitement going, here’s another edition of the Weekend Coffee Links to help you kick off your long weekend. Share your own finds below.
- Wait, what does your startup do?: Okay, be honest, you can imagine every one of these ideas being presented at TechCrunch Disrupt, right? Someone needs to get on that amber alert system for beer. That’s a money maker.
- Brock Mealer will lead Michigan football team onto field Saturday: Brock was in a serious car crash in 2007 that killed his father and a brother’s girlfriend and left him paralyzed from the belly button down. The doctors told him he’d be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life and that he needed to accept it. Well, Brock showed them. Today he will walk through the Michigan Stadium tunnel and lead the Wolverines onto the football field. And I will cry like a huge, huge sap.
- The Four Levels Of Social Entrapment: I’d love to hangout but I have to go sit in my house by myself. This comic represents my entire life
- Get Married, Get Wealthy?: Bella breaks down why married people accumulate more wealth than singles. Basically it’s because society discriminates against those without a ring on their finger by making them pay more for stuff. It’s okay, married people need all that extra money. Divorces are expensive.
- Drunkenness is temporary suicide: One of my favorite online voices opens up about her battle with alcoholism and her promise to get sober. A humbling read.
- 5 lessons from a magazine made in 48 hours: Want to start a business on the weekends? Some good tips here to show you how to do it.
- Stowaway cat gets lifetime rail card: Lilou the kitty snuck onto a train and went on a mini-adventure. When the kitty was found at the train station an appeal was sent out via Twitter to help find its owner. Not only was the cat reunited with her owner Eric but she was also issued a rail card for any future journey she cares to make. Travel safe, Kitty.
- What’s practical about a ball pit in your patio?: Absolutely nothing but Nicole decided to put one there anyway. And I couldn’t be more jealous of her. There’s even video footage to make you really want to stab her in a jealous rage.
- Foxes jumping on a trampoline: You’re welcome.
- Elmo Interviews Neil Patrick Harris: I’m including this solely for Rhea. Don’t tell her it’s here. Let’s see if she reads the Weekend Coffee Links. Also, PAJAMAS! Who knew NPH had crazy dance moves?
And that does it for me. I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend! Fall is coming!