Oh, hello there! It’s time for another fun-filled Spring weekend where we can all spend time outside and away from these soul-sucking computer things. But, before you go and start your day, why not brew yourself a fresh cup of coffee (or whatever your preferred morning drink is…within reason) and come enjoy another assortment of Weekend Coffee Links with me? We have some good stuff for you today. And then there’s something that may induce nightmares but, hey, you can’t win ‘em all, right?
Right. Off we go
- Unfollowed: How a (Possible) Social Network Spy Came Undone: On the border of omg-creepy and omg-so-cool, comes this story about a maybe-spy who used her feminine ways to try and entice Pentagon and intelligence employees to leak sensitive information. If true, Angelina Jolie will play her in the movie. If not, then perhaps it was just a test to find weak links. Either way, it’s altogether awesome.
- Secret fears of the super rich: Rich people are people too, with real feelings. Or at least that’s what they *want* you to believe. I’m not buying it.
- Small areas of the brain go to sleep when we’re up too late: Just because your body is awake, doesn’t mean your brain is. People, seriously, go to sleep. Your work will be waiting for you in the morning.
- The Lions Mane Jellyfish: It’s the largest jellyfish in the world coming in at 6 meters and with tentacles more than 50 meters long. Also, HOLY OMG, LOOK HOW BIG THAT THING IS!
- Stolen Camera Finder: First they put tracking devices in Blackberry’s, then microchips in hotel towels and now you can look up your stolen phone via serial number? Geez, you can’t take ANYTHING anymore! What happened to trust among criminals?
- Want another bedtime story? Here’s one!: Because, let’s face it, those other bedtime stories you’ve been telling were always a little soft. If you’re one of those parents who doesn’t have a sense of humor about your love for your dear, dear children, maybe skip this link. :)
- The Culture of Greener Grass: There’s been a lot of talk about women and women issues this week. Here’s another one. This time we’re focused on weight and our desire to be “thin”. But what if you’re not thin by choice?
- The T-Mobile Royal Wedding: In case you didn’t get up early enough to catch the real Royal Wedding (I did), I give you the T-Mobile edition. Oh, Harry…
And that’s it from me. Have a fantastic weekend and I will see you here Monday!