Weekend Coffee Links: It’s Hot Out Editionby Lisa Barone on 07/23/2011 • 1 Comment | Reading Nuggets
Did anything happen this week? I think I was too busy catching up from vacation and trying NOT to melt in the scorching heat to notice. Oh, and ranting about Google+ a few dozen times, of course. Sigh. Being a grown up is so hard.
Below are some worthy link finds for the week. My list is a little dry, so please do join in and share your own. With this crazy heat wave, we need something to live for.
- She’s 10 and now may be sold to a brothel: A simply devastating story about just one of the 1.8 million children a year who will be sold into the commercial sex trade.
- You are how you camped: What your enjoyment of sleep-away camp (or lack thereof) says about your character.
- My heart says yes but my schedule says no: Constantly getting hammered with requests for just five minutes of your time? Send ’em here. A heartfelt apology is already written for you.
- Hey Ya: Outspoken Media friend @Netmeg shared this video with me yesterday via the Twitter and it’s pretty much changed my life. Who doesn’t want a pair of dancing small children for their very own?
- 10-year-old with leukemia releases new iPhone game as “wish”: With the help of PopCap Games and the Make A Wish Foundation, a 10-year-old boy was able to turn his idea into a real iPhone app. The boy says the humans vs aliens game is an analogy for his battle with cancer and the way cancer invades your body. I just about lost it.
- Young Giants fan pouts over foul ball: While I’m not sure we should be rewarding bad behavior, who didn’t want to climb up in the stands and give this little pouter a fresh baseball? Enjoy it while it lasts, kid, you’ll only be able to pout your way to treasures for so long.
- Stop Whining About Netflix: Luckily, I was offline while most of the Internet was crying over Netflix, but this sums up my own thoughts pretty well.
That’s it for me. Short list this week. What did you find that caught your eye?
Don’t forget, for the next couple of weeks you can vote for your favorite (or favorites!) Small Business Influencer. I’m currently sitting in 5th if you’d like to give me a push (I’d very much thank you), but you can also vote for industry friends like Missy Ward, Aaron Wall and Geno Prussakov.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.