I’m sick. Not sick enough to get sympathy from anyone, of course, but sick enough that I’m completely miserable. And that I have no jokes. However, I do have links! Check out this slightly-less witty version of the Weekend Coffee Links. I think you’ll still find something you’ll like. Oh, and if you see me in NYC for SMX East, maybe just wave instead of going for the full-out hug. I don’t want to give you my plague.
Onto the links…
- 33 Lessons in 33 Years: I’m a sucker for eternal wisdom-type posts and this is a good one. I like the lesson about knowing which people in your life are irreplaceable. You should also be able to recognize the ones that ARE replaceable.
- In Defense of the Choice to be Childless: Because maybe we shouldn’t make judgments about people’s lives that we know nothing about. Also, maybe if we were happier with our own lives, we wouldn’t feel the need to. Also, you should read this and stop asking me why I don’t have kids. I’m too young!
- Mom gets 10 days in jail for duct taping toddler to wall: See, not everyone should have children.
- Craiglist Adult Services: Sex Slaves Who Fought Back: Why was the Adult Services section of Craigslist shut down? Ken Franzblau, director of the anti-trafficking efforts at the New York Division of Criminal Justice, says it’s because the site was actually increasing the numbers of women being put into prostitution.
- Betty White’s biggest fan: I just want to eat his face. I think it’s a him. I’m not totally sure.
- Suicide Is Not The Answer: Five children have committed suicide in the past three weeks. That’s not okay. Someone needs to tell them it does get better.
- How to take intelligent risks: I love all of this. Well, except the part where Penelope Trunk admits she’s using Elmer’s glue to put up her wallpaper. Duuude!
- Man frolics with a crocodile: No, really. This won’t end badly at all. UNTIL HE GETS EATEN!
- How Tucker Max Got Rejected by Publishing and Still Hit #1 New York Times: Included because it’s my favorite link of the week. Put at the bottom because it will probably offend most of you. Do with that what you will.
That’s it from me. I’m going to go lie down now. I’ll see you crazy people in NYC for SMX East.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.