Hello, friends. Have you found high ground yet? If you’re on the East Coast, I hope so because they say Hurricane Irene is about to make quite a mess of things. Yikes. Grab some blankets, stay indoors and make it a movie weekend. Or, perhaps, make it a Go Fish weekend once the electricity goes out and all our electronic devices are taken away. ;)
But while we still have power, there shall be links!
- Letter from Jack Layton: Earlier this week leader of the New Democrat Party, Jack Layton, passed away from cancer. This is a letter from Jack to his friends, colleagues and fellow Canadians written two days before his death.
- Dear guy who just made my burrito: Okay, so this contains some (hilariously) colorful language, but it had me in a total gigglefit because I’ve been there. OH, have I been there. There really is a science to both eating and constructing a burrito.
- Reporters in the rain: In honor of Hurricane Irene, watch Anderson Cooper almost get taken out by a giant aluminum sign. What? He’s fine.
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Project Nim: With a couple of Hollywood blockbusters currently featuring chimps, this article takes a look at whether the similarities portrayed between us and them are real or simply movie exaggeration.
- Can We Date Because sometimes, it’s hard to know where the line is. For those unclear, it is unacceptable to date someone you are related to by blood, however, it IS okay to date your landlord in areas where rent is extra unreasonable.
- If candy packaging told the truth: It’s probably a testament to how busy my week has been but this one had me in giggles for way, way too long. The Skittles box? OMG, I died. DIED!
- Cutest bear mauling ever: I was supposed to be spending this weekend climbing mountains in the Adirondacks hanging out with black bears, but Hurricane Irene has since derailed those plans. Instead, I offer up this tiny bear instead. Careful, it’s cuteness is just as dangerous.
- Earthquake at MLB: Oh, East Coast. I’m almost embarrassed for you.
That’s it from me. I hope you have a fantastic weekend and if you’re on the East Coast, stay safe!
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.