Happy weekend! Or, for some, happy holiday weekend! Whether you get to enjoy some extended play or if you’re just looking to get as much as you can from the two days you have, this is shaping up to be a gorgeous weekend for many of us. The weatherman says Upstate, NY is going to be touching 60. Wahooo! But before you go run out and play in the grass, take a few minutes to unwind with our weekend coffee links. They’re just what your soul is asking for.
- I don’t believe in burnout: Some career lessons from Google’s Marissa Mayer. I have an enormous amount of respect for her, so this is a pretty interesting read. It’s all about finding what matters to you and your own rhythm.
- Condescend to 900 Job Applicants With a 3,000-Word Rejection Letter: The only thing worse than a rejection letter is a condescending rejection letter mailed to 900 different people. This one really takes the fail cake.
- Tracking Down a Mysterious Mountain Man from the Yellowstone Archives: The story is cool, the pictures are awesome.
- Phonedeck puts your Android in the cloud: Because using your phone while on your actual phone is so 2010. I actually like all the data this can give you about your phone usage and who you talk to most often, for how long. A whole new way to charge clients? ;)
- What inspires Michael J. Fox: Brian Harnish sent this to me and I absolutely fell in love with it. Michael J. Fox talks about his life with Parkinson’s and how it has, and has not, changed his life.
- 15 Things You Should Give Up To Be Happy: Something for all of us to work on.
- Bill Murray slides into home plate: Don’t lie, if given the chance, you’d do the exact same thing. Only my slide would have been far more ridiculous.
- Cat opens freezer: This little piece of horror was sent to me by @Netmeg. Blame her.
That’s it. Any interesting finds you want to share with us today? Now’s your chance. Otherwise, catch ya next week. :)