Weekend Coffee Links: The Future Editionby Lisa Barone on 01/08/2011 • 3 Comments | Reading Nuggets
OMG, did you miss us? Our Weekend Coffee Links went on a little hiatus during the holidays, but it’s a new year and we’re back in action and back with a vengeance. I hope your first week of 2011 was a good one. Things are heading into overdrive here at Outspoken Media and we couldn’t be more excited about what’s to come. But it’s Saturday. So none of that now. It’s time for some fun links. And naps. Don’t forget to take a nap today.
Here are my cool links of the week. Feel free to share yours down below.
- Panic is good: They say that a slight panic opens the doors for you to do the bravest work of your life. Embrace it, take a deep breath, and go.
- The rise of the new global elite: Global trade and the IT revolution has not only made it impossible to ignore the gap that exists between the two American classes, but it’s created a new global elite. One made of hardworking, highly educated, jet-setters who feel they deserve their success and are ambivalent about those not as lucky. Awesome.
- Unique defamation showdown: If you social media-rant, and someone hears it, is it defamation? Courtney Love is about to find out. As the laws begin to catch up to these new mediums, be careful before throwing out those damaging statements, especially if they may not be true.
- Designing the hate lifestyle: If you haven’t read this post from Norcross, you’re wasting time. In it, he takes to task all those promoting lifestyle design that don’t actually back it up. He doesn’t seem to be a fan of Tim Ferriss.
- Working hurts less than procrastinating: Seriously, get off Twitter and get done what you have to. Then maybe go to the gym. You’ll feel so much better when you’re done.
- 10 lessons for the future of women in media: Isn’t it odd how the year-end round up posts always feature all the accomplishments that men had last year? Here’s what the women did.
- We have no bananas: No, really. A fungus is threatening kill the only kind of banana us Americans eat. SAVE THE BANANA!
- Woman stabs boyfriend over Facebook page: Admit it, if your boyfriend was trying to be shifty and not show you his Facebook page, you’d stab him too, right? I totally would.
- Things babies born in 2011 will never know: See, I knew there was no reason for me to ever learn how to read a paper map. GPS, baby.
- Josh Groban sings Kanye West’s tweets: This is the thing that unicorns and cupcakes are made of.
And that’s it from me. It’s your turn, Internet. What caught your eye this week?
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.