Hey, hey, it’s Saturday! How was your week? Finish everything you needed to get finished? Okay, did you at least start everything you wanted to finish? Well, that’s something. I’m about to get some Troy, NY playtime in, but below you’ll find some of my best link picks for the week. Check out mine first and then share your own. It’s the Web-version of need a penny/take a penny. Don’t be a mooch. ;)
On we go.
- A tribute to Jammit The search community lost one it’s own last week when Jaamit Durrani was tragically killed in a tube accident. There have been lots of tributes written, but perhaps none as heartfelt as the one from his friend Rishil Lankhani. Danny Sullivan also paid respect over at Search Engine Land. We’ll miss you, Jaamit.
- The Incredible Flying Nonagenarian: Hands down, one of the coolest stories I read all week. I hope to be half that awesome at 30, let alone 91. I can barely make it up the stairs without getting winded.
- My Brother Has Two Months to Live — Why He Got Married Last Week: Brett was diagnosed with stage III cancer and instead of curling up and hiding, he decided to live life to its fullest with his new girlfriend by his side. It’s a story of love, fight, and their beautiful wedding day. We should all have that much strength.
- When Your Friend Gets Hacked: We also should all have smart (and hilarious) friends like Isaac. I also have a sudden urge to re-watch all of Alias.
- Mozilla adopts two real, live firefoxes: SQUEEEE! Sorry.
- Father Christmas: Meet Santa Claus, the business guru.
- 12-step guide to quitting the job you hate: So simple. You could be on your way to a new life by noon.
- The Pain Of Living Breaks My Heart: Watching someone you love slip away is never easy. Schmutzie talks openly about Thanksgiving dinner and her 92-year-old grandfather with dementia. It’ll stay with you for a while.
- How classic Simpsons episodes were written: Cool to see things broken down and get a look at the process. Or at least it is for me. Maybe I’m a nerd. Okay, fine, I am a nerd.
- Two Bunnies, Two Cups: The cutest thing you’ll see all day.
That’s it from me. Your turn.