Weekend Coffee Links: Father’s Day Editionby Lisa Barone on 06/18/2011 • 3 Comments | Reading Nuggets
Oh my goodness, it’s the weekend. Praise to all that is awesome! Below are some of this week’s top link picks that caught my eye. I do hope you will find them a fun way to kick off the awesome weekend you’re about to have. Grab something delicious and come on a journey with me.
- Safe Places: You cannot turtle up and you cannot hide forever. I love this piece. Go get sturdy.
- Troubling Signals of Citizen Surveillance: Girl crush Alexandra Samuel talks about what happens when citizens go from part-of-the-action to living security cameras for law enforcement. Scary.
- What adults can learn from kids: This is a TED video from child prodigy Adora Svitak on why the world needs more childish thinking aka bold ideas, grand plans and blind optimism. I love it. And her.
- My life as an NBA Superstar Single Dad: If you didn’t already like Dwayne Wade, this will probably make you like him a whole lot more. I know I do.
- The value of following passion in a jobless world: The many faces of passion. Don’t worry, none of them are dirty. Promise.
- 15 shopping rules of thumb: Simple rules for life we can all benefit from.
- Relationship advice from Beauty and the Beast: And we wonder why girls grow up and make bad dating choices? Blame the fairytales where women aren’t allowed to do anything the Prince doesn’t allow.
- 15 years ago vs today: We are so, so sad.
- Lessons from an Italian Father: In honor of Father’s Day, something I wrote for my dad about the lessons he’s continually given me, whether he realized I was paying attention or not.
That sums it up. I hope you have a fantastic weekend. See you back here Monday. ;)
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.