It’s Saturday. Huzzah! We have done it again and made it to this glorious day. How was your week? We had a fantastic one. Between quietly introducing you to our SEO Manager Joe Schaefer and then showing off the new Outspoken Media office, it’s been great to let some of our favorite secrets out of the bag. But now it’s time to talk awesome weekend links. Here’s what caught our eye this week. If you’d like to play along, share your own favorites in the comments below.
As usual, we’ll go first.
- It’s like a hoodie. But with fangs: You know how crazy and hilarious The Bloggess is on a daily basis? Well, those other posts are practically snooze worthy compared to this one. It’s the greatest thing you’ll read today. Maybe tomorrow too.
- How the economic downturn has shaped Generation Y: An interesting look on the recession from someone still in high school when it hit, and why he thinks it will encourage more young adults to pursue careers in their real passions.
- Fliers Must Turn Off Devices, but It’s Not Clear Why: This just made me laugh. Despite there never being a single report or reason to believe that a Blackberry left on would bring down a plane, we need to turn them off. Because they said so. Don’t make them send you to bed without dinner.
- The death of the fringe suburb: Apparently people no longer want to live in the suburbs. We prefer cities. This article from the NY Times explains how we’re investing in the wrong areas.
- Giant spider webs in Pakistan: I..it’s just…horrifying. That’s all I can say. Simply…horrifying.
- The 56 best/worst similes: How can you go wrong with gems like, “She was as easy as the TV Guide crossword.” Just…beautiful.
- Beetles die during sex with beer bottles: I know, not the most professional link I could have picked but, well, it was just too weird not to include! Apparently this is a real concern – beetles who fry themselves to death trying to mate with beer bottles left in the sun. You can’t make this stuff up, people.