Happy weekend, my fine friends. I hope everyone had a fantastic week and demolished their To Do lists. Below is a collection of all the interesting stuff you missed while you were too busy working to notice. And by “working”, I of course mean livetweeting the F8 Developer Conference that took place on Thursday. ;) What? I’m not judging.
Onto the links!
- American hikers leave Iran after prison release: Two men who had been imprisoned for two years after they unknowingly crossed the Iranian border have been released and reunited with their families.
- Stickman: This is probably the best thing I saw all week. Maybe in all of September. If you haven’t played with it yet, now seems like a really good time.
- Why TechCrunch Won’t Just Got Poof: I missed this last week while at SMX, but Danny Sullivan offers some create commentary on why TC won’t just disappear now that Mike and Paul have left the building. We also get some more insight on what happened between Danny and Incisive all those years ago when I was a search marketing n00b.
- Sean Parker: Agent of Disruption: Any time an article refers to someone as a “human accelerant” it’s pretty much worth reading. This is no exception.
- Pawn Shop Marketing: Rhea captured a photo of a pawn shop in Troy, NY being a little, well, creative with its marketing and snapped a pic. The pic then ended up on Consumerist. :D
- Turkish morgue installs corpse alarm: Because it’s not nice to lock up zombies.
- A Dad Photoshops Ewoks Into Family Pictures: I’m not a Stars Wars fan (like, at all) but you have to appreciate the length this father went to put a smile on his kids’ faces. That’s some good parenting. I mean, fine, they’ll probably need therapy from the delusions but, it was out of love!
- Why getting away from each other for prolonged periods of time is good for your marriage: NOW you’re talkin’! ;)
And that’s it from me. Have a great weekend and we’ll see you on Monday.