Weekend Coffee Links: Dating Advice Editionby Lisa Barone on 11/19/2011 • 3 Comments | Reading Nuggets
Hey! Did you miss us? I know, we went on a short Weekend Coffee Links hiatus while everyone was running around at various conferences. But we’re back! We’re also coming to you LIVE from the brand new Outspoken Media office. You can expect pics and details soon, but while we unpack and start building out our game room, why not snack on some delicious weekend coffee links? Ready?
- Better Off As Friend Requesters: It’s a pre-nup for a new generation. I think the world would be a much better place if people were legally obligated to sign and abide one of these before they’re allowed to change their Facebook status to In A Relationship. Just think of how much cleaner all the break ups would go! Amiright?
- The Real Job Creators: Should we be glorifying managers instead of entrepreneurs? Entrepeneurs may create the opportunity for jobs, but managers grow them and keep those teams engaged, happy, and working.
- Pet Hippo Kills Its Owner: Maybe you shouldn’t keep one of the most aggressive and most dangerous animals as a pet. I mean, it’s just a suggestion.
- 50 Rules for Dads of Daughters: I want to print this out, hand it to my dad, and say “thank you”. And then see which of us starts crying first. This is gorgeous.
- Increase Your Dating Success with Statistics: Dating advice we could all benefit from, even if you’re already taken. It’s really people advice.
- How to get more women in tech : Caroline Drucker tries to educate us all on how we can get more women in tech. Unfortunately, she just argues semantics, IMO. If I’m supposed to define the woman that I am, why can’t I also define what I call myself? Labeling myself a “girl” doesn’t make me less awesome.
- Make Your Own Beer Labels: What? The holidays are coming. Think how much fun this could be!
And that’s it! Have a fantastic weekend and we’ll see you back here Monday for the short week. :)
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.