Oh, hi there. It’s been a pretty crazy few weeks. Not crazy bad, just crazy in an “OMG, DO WE HAVE A LOT GOING ON RIGHT NOW, CAN I JUST GO SLEEP NOW?!” kind of way. I think I may just use this weekend to breathe. And sit. And sleep. What about you? How are things? Are they great and amazing? I really hope so because you deserve it. If not, ease into Saturday with some Weekend Coffee Links.
Ready? It’ll be okay. It will all be okay.
- More Damaging Evidence On Open Plan Offices: It’s interesting to see research like this continue to come out. You put your employees in an open environment thinking it’s whats best for them, and then you learn you may actually be killing their productivity by 66 percent. We’ve had many conversations about this here in the office and change is on the way.
- Startup dudes: Cut the sexist crap: Sigh.
- A year of Friday: It’s been a year since that awful Rebecca Black song hit the Internet. This post charts the viral hit that now has more than 22 million views.
- Facebook more addictive than cigarettes: I wonder if they make a patch for that? Google’s probably working on it. It’ll come with the official Google bar code.
- How to change your life: Julien tells you how to break out of patterns, handle fear and put yourself on the path you want to be on. Also? I love Julien.
- Chipotle is Apple: How Chipotle is doing to the burrito what Apple did to the cell phone. Aaaand just like that you want a burrito, right? Me too.
- Unromantic places around the world: Valentine’s Day is a few days away. Here are the places you DON’T want to go. Got it?
- Is Costco really worth it? Some comparison shopping before you head out and get your grocery’s for next week. What’s cheaper to buy where?
- Siri thinks you’re dateless: Maybe it’s because I’m kind of ON EDGE right now, but this made me giggle an embarrassing amount. I mean, I’m still giggle. I’m not proud.
That’s it from me. See you Monday. I’m gonna go stare at a wall or something.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.