Weekend Coffee Links – Cereal Marshmallows Editionby Lisa Barone on 08/06/2011 • 4 Comments | Reading Nuggets
Happy Weekend! You know the drill. Before there can be summer fun, there must be weekend links to get us in the mood. Below are some of my favorite picks of the week. What did you read? Let me know in the comments. I’ll need something to keep my interest when I’m back on Long Island this weekend. ;)
Here’s what I was reading:
- Minority Rules: Scientists at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, represent!) found that when 10 percent of the population holds an unshakable belief, their belief will always be adopted by the majority of the society. I hear that percentage falls even lower if we’re strictly talking about the Internet.
- The power of vulnerability: In order for connection to happen, we have to let ourselves be seen because what makes you vulnerable is what makes you beautiful. This is a video of Brene Brown speaking at TedxHouston.
- So you’re MAD about something on the Internet: A very handy flowchart for Internet arguments.
- This is why I’m fat: After tagging another awful Facebook photo, it’s time for the excuses to end.
- Who is the real Google Guru: A clip from the old To Tell The Truth game show from 2000 where an assortment of semi-famous have to guess the real Sergey Brin by quizzing The Real Sergey and two other random dudes. Comically, not only does everyone guess wrong, Paula Poundstone thinks a search engine is something you have to plug in.
- Dear Cancer, you may have killed me but I kicked your ass: If you were to write a final tweet to be published after you died, what would it say? Would you be proud of everyone else people would fine in your stream?
- Twitter’s 30 Most Eligible Bachelors: What? I only read it for the quality of the article? [There was an article, right? Was there?]
- Cereal Marshmallows: Did you know you could buy cereal marshmallows in bulk? I’m talking about the charms in your Lucky’s without the boring oat part. I did not. Consider my life forever changed. [hat tip]
- Mariachi Connecticut Serenades a Beluga Whale: Don’t even pretend you’re too cool to watch this video. I assure you that you’re not. And that it’s awesome.
That’s it for me! If you’ve enjoyed the content on Outspoken this week or if you like what we’re doing, I’d love it if you’d consider voting for me in the Small Business Influencer Awards. You can vote every 24 hours and voting is open through TUESDAY. Have a great weekend and I’ll see you crazy people on Monday.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.