Weekend Coffee Links: Burgers Are Better Editionby Lisa Barone on 10/08/2011 • No Comments | Reading Nuggets
Ah, yes. Another gorgeous Fall weekend is upon us and I, for one, plan on enjoying it. But before I head out to run through the leaves and eat some apple cider donuts, I must share with you my favorite link picks of the week. Stuff that caught my attention and made me take a second look.
Ready for a reading rainbow morning?
- Lessons from Sharing the Story of My (Possibly) Gay Son: A mother posted a cute story about the crush her 6-year-old son has on Darren Crisis’ character “Blaine” on the TV show Glee. The story and the response are both pretty amazing. If you read anything on this list, make it this one.
- The tragic life of a street vendor: How one man’s suicide launched a revolution.
- Toy Ads and Learning Gender: Just because I’m a girl doesn’t mean I want things that sparkle. Girls wanna blow things up to, you know!
- Salads are nice, but burgers are what really sell: While it’s adorable that fast food chains are doing their part to offer healthier options…not one is really ordering them. Like, at all. Don’t try and separate us from our burgers.
- Photographer Looking For People To Do Their Job Without Pay: As a content writer…I so feel your pain, dude. Also, let me know if you get any credible responses.
- Why do sandwiches taste better when someone else makes them: Could also be titled “why I pay $6 for a turkey sandwich on rye from Francesca’s Cafe every day instead of making it at home.”
- David Beckham Goes Undercover: Proof that pretty people can be funny too. Or at least good sports. Don’t judge me.
That does it for me. See you next week! :)
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.