Happy Weekend! I hope you had a productive week, it sure was a busy one over here. Not too much banter this fine Saturday, just some links. Below are the ones that caught my eye. If you’re so inclined, feel free to share your own personal favorites in the comments below. I know you’ve been secretly sitting on some good stuff.
- How a full-time law student made 50k on the side: We all have the same 24 hours in a day. But some of us seem to get a whole lot more out of it, don’t they? Here’s how you can too.
- Ending the R-word: Ban it or understand it: How a word many use without thinking hurts harms those with cognitive impairments. If you hear someone use it, say something. If you use it, stop it.
- Lin-Glorious Bastard: I really like this post from Chuck Leung about how being Asian makes him self-conscious rooting for Jeremy Lin. Brutal honesty and reflection.
- Japan tsunami pictures: before and after: In honor of the anniversary of the Japan tsunami, this photo editorial shows what Japan looked like then and how it’s transformed over the past year. Don’t worry, that lump in your throat is totally normal.
- Blue People Look For Genetic Connection To Kentucky Fugates: Totally intrigued. Especially because my fingers occasionally turn blue for no reason.
- Healthy Eating for People Who Hate Cooking: You sit in front of a computer all day and probably aren’t so good at getting your butt to the gym. The least you can do is be kind to your system. Eat smarter.
- Drinkify: While this isn’t a new site, it is new to me. So I’m sharing it. Deal. The goal of Drinkify is to tell you what your drink of choice is based on the music you’re listening to. Based on the music I listen to, I probably shouldn’t be drinking.
- How Reddit Saved One Man’s Life: Not that most of us should take much stock in diagnoses you get over the Internet but…this is pretty awesome.
- Upset Men and the Happy Women Who Love Them: This kind of just made me laugh. And we wonder why men and women have such a hard time relating to one another.
That’s it from me. Have a fantastic weekend and we’ll see you back here next week. :)