Heya, kids! Welcome to your weekend. Just a reminder that I’ll be headed down to New York City for BlogWorld NY come Monday morning and we’ll be publishing daily BWE recaps each afternoon on the blog. If you can’t make it down to the show, you’ll definitely want to keep your eyes out for that coverage. There’s sure to be some great nuggets released and drama to get into. But that’s not what you’re here for. You’re here for the wacky, wonky weekend links!
Lets get to it.
- The Blind Man Who Taught Himself To See: This is by far the coolest story I came across this week. After his eyes were removed as an infant to save his life, Kish now uses echolocation to “see”. His choices are seen as “disgraceful” by members of the National Federation of the Blind.
- How power corrupts: This is a scary read as a result of how true it is. Not that you know anyone like that. No. Not at all.
- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer’s advice to USC Grads: Steve Ballmer isn’t my favorite person in the world, but he delivered a great speech at USC recently filled with some good life lessons we could all benefit from. This one’s worth a read.
- The power of smiling: Yes, more power talk, but if smiling can pretty much save your life, why would you ever waste another moment being grumpy?
- China farmers face ‘exploding’ watermelon problem: Absolutely devastating to the farmers, I’m sure, however…don’t you kind of want to be there to watch it happen in person? Or is that just me? Anyone?
- Astro fan runs on the field, escapes: A dude runs down onto the field while the Astro’s are playing and becomes an instant hero when he’s able to avoid being caught. Watch as the fan goes wild and the man gets away.
- DoItMotherF*cker: Because sometimes we all need a little kick in the butt.
- Drinking lots of coffee linked to reduced risk of certain cancers: See? It’s totally fine that you get coffee every 2 hours. It’s healthy. Go ahead. We won’t tell anyone you have a problem. I mean, a habit. Er, a lifestyle choice?
- Israeli couple names daughter Like: I mean, so, that just happened.
- The bunny. He’s just “hot”: Proof that we can rationalize just about anything.
That’s it from me. What caught your eye this week? Speak up.