Welcome back to the weekend, my friends! Are you ready for a good one? I’m ready to pack up my entire apartment in preparation for my big move next weekend. Which means while you’re out enjoying the nice weather, I’ll be hopping over boxes and repeatedly cutting my finger on the tape dispenser. I know. You’re jealous.
But before I accidentally pack one of my cats into a box, below are my fav link picks of the week. Check ’em out.
- The Last Post: Derek Miller lost his battle with cancer on May 3. As part of the transition to turn his blog from an active site to an archive, he penned one last post for his readers and friends.
- My husband’s other wife: How the death of one woman created a whole new family and generation for another. [hat tip @netmeg]
- Why Harper Lee has remained silent all these years: Harper Lee wrote To Kill A Mockingbird and then disappeared, never writing another book. Here’s why.
- Why successful people leave work early: Being focused means you can do more in less time and get on with your day. In other words, you can thank Twitter for those 12 hours you just spent in the office.
- All-female lizard species created in lab: Finally. Real evolution! ;)
- When insults had class: Bookmarked.
- The best obnoxious responses to misspelling on Facebook: Giggle tears. Lots of them.
- 10 Things to Do with Mac ‘n’ Cheese Before You Die: I sent this one to the ladies in the office yesterday and, well, I’m surprised no one shorted a laptop with all the drooling. I know it’s disgusting, but that mac n cheese burger looks delicious!
- Five Unwritten Rules For the Ballpark: Jason Falls gives us all an education on how to behave in a ballpark. You should watch it. Especially if you’re one of those people with sticky children. Then you should watch it twice.
That’s it from me. Time to go attack these boxes. See you kids, Monday.