Weekend Coffee Links: Badass Kid Editionby Lisa Barone on 03/31/2012 • No Comments | Reading Nuggets
Hey, happy friends. Welcome back to the weekend and another edition of Outspoken’s Weekend Coffee Links. It’s like candy without the annoying calories or sugar high. Weee! Before you skip out to enjoy your weekend, let us give you something to talk about on your travels. We’ll share our favorite links first and then you can drop yours in the comments.
- ‘A test you need to fail’: A teacher’s open letter to her 8th grade class: When education fails to deliver on the promise it makes to young people.
- Go the F**k Home: This is Pam Selle’s Ignite Philly talk where she tells whiny business people to shut up and go the f**k home. I especially like the point she makes about managers leading through action. If you stay til 7, you’re teaching your team to stay til 7:30pm and that’s not healthy for any of you. Just go the f**k home and find yourself some hobbies.
- Making big decisions about money: I fully admit to being money-stupid so I like the way Seth breaks it down here. It’s not a $500 car stereo, it’s about comparing one version of your dream with another version.
- The importance of sleep in a startup: Productivity doesn’t come in hours, it comes with the energy you have every day. I like that.
- I found my boyfriend’s face on a dating website: A girl discovers that images of her boyfriend, and herself, are being used in ads for online dating sites and goes on an investigation into the stock photo industry. Pretty awesome stuff.
- First ever 1080 landed by 12-year-old skateboarder: This is one badass kid.
- 100 greatest cooking tips of all time: And no one has turned this into an infographic yet? SHAME ON YOU, INTERNET!
- Celebrities that found success despite looking like camels: What? Don’t look at me like that.
- Dog keeps young girl alive by carrying her oxygen: Dogs are pretty much the awesome creatures on Earth.
That’s it from me. Have an amazing weekend and we’ll see you back here on Monday for some LinkLove liveblogging courtesy of Michelle.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.