You made it to Saturday. That means that you are amazing! I hope you had a great week. We certainly had a busy one over here but the gorgeous Spring weather makes it all okay. It smells like grass. And baseball. And soft serve ice cream. You can’t ask for much more than that.
Below you’ll find a collection of my favorite links from this week. Feel free to give me some of yours in the comments. Sharing is power. Or knowledge is power. Something is power. It’s so pretty out!
- Young job-seekers hiding their Facebook pages: Because people don’t take pictures of you when you’re studying. They take pictures of you when you’re face down in a puddle of your own vomit. And then they tag you. And tag the vomit. I need better friends.
- The untouchable mean girls: A story about how bullying caused a 15-year-old girl to hang herself in her closet and how those who could have stopped it continue to do nothing even after her death.
- Should you buy an ipad [flowchart]: Because flowcharts are the only responsible way to make decisions. Obviously.
- Survey Finds Rollerblading Is Manliest Sport: Yeah, that’s right. According to study that must have asked blind women, rollerblading is the sport of men. Not football or ice hockey or baseball. Nope. Rollerblading. Women are nuts.
- Time Square’s Homeless Holdout, Not Budging: Meet, Heavy. The last person living on the streets of Times Square. Awesome story.
- Surfing alpaca makes waves: Admit it. Now you want one. I want two but only because I’m so competitive I think I broke my finger bowling last night. I have to win.
- The Sandra Bullock Trade: I think we’re supposed to believe it was Sandra’s fault her husband is a dirt bag who cheated on her. Obviously, she should have been spending more time with her husband. And getting tattoos on her face. Screw that Oscar.
- My kind of business hours: I love Troy, NY.
- If you use FourSquare, you are an annoying jackass: From the article: “Stop ignoring your friends, put down your iPhone, and try to engage with the real world like an actual person instead of some virtual game like some sort of limp World of Warcraft avatar.” Just sayin’.
- April Fools’ Day Brings In-N-Out To NYC: Yeah. Really funny. Now go get me a Double Double before my New York ass butterflies you like a steak. Don’t toy with me.
And that’s it for me on this beautiful Saturday. I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend. Let me know what you’re up to and what you’re reading.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.