Hey, guys! How was your week? Run into any superheros? No, I mean other than Rhea? Oh well, I didn’t either. Just a quick reminder that Search Engine Strategies New York kicks off on Tuesday. If you’ll be at the event, make sure to track down Rae or myself to say hello. And if not, be sure to check out the liveblogging coverage. I’m going for a personal best attempting to cover 18 sessions, so come say hi and keep me company.
Okay, got your favorite morning drink? Let’s go then because it’s GORGEOUS outside and I’m itching to get out!
- Mamas, Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Infographics: It’s an infograph about infographs! Consider your mind blown. It’s also pretty clever. I giggled.
- Does Size Really Matter To Women Entrepreneurs: Interesting read about how women entrepreneurs differ from men. Also lots of phrases and assumptions that may make you want to jam a pen in your eye. But that may just be me.
- I need to vent. Hello Facebook: Not only is this article amusing, it contains one of the best quotes of the week: “For most couples, the temptation to publicly slander each other is overpowered by the instinct to prove to their friends how happy they are, reality notwithstanding.” C’mon, that’s gold!
- The First Google Result For Every Letter In The Alphabet: Ah, Wikipedia. You’re such a SERP-stealin’ jerk.
- ‘Buffy’ Star Dazed, Tased, Busted: There’s really only one thing to say to this: I blame Vanessa Fox. Oh, Xander.
- What would you do if you only had 2 hours: No, really, what would you do? You probably wouldn’t be stuck inside on a beautiful day reading this. Heck, I sure as hell wouldn’t be inside writing it.
- Happy Meal is Ageless: As I tweeted yesterday, I know this wasn’t supposed to make me actually WANT a Happy Meal, but, omg, it does. Sometimes, I disgust even myself.
- Windpipe transplant success in UK child: This is just kickass.
- A dog and a kitty: It’s your Saturday chick flick. Just embrace it. And least there’s no bunny.
That’s my collection for the week. Don’t forget to say hi next week during SES NY, whether you’re at the show or just ‘attending’ from home. Now turn off your computer and go outside. It’s nearly 70 degrees in Upstate New York! Huzzah!
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.