Holy Weekend, Guys! Before we hop into the Weekend Links, I want to say thank you to everyone who commented on the blog this week. On Thursday I issued a challenge for lurkers to speak up and make their presence known. And did you ever!
I’m still reading through all the great thoughts you left and will be responding as I go through them. But thank you to everyone who dared to get outspoken this week and helped create a power discussion. Your star power is amazing.
Okay, go get that coffee now. It’s time to share some fun links. As always, if something caught your eye, please share it in the comments. Oh, and can you do me a favor and stand up as you read this? I’ll explain why in a little bit.
- Life Before Google (comic): It’s mostly funny, also a little sad. Libraries will soon be as mythical as unicorns, the Toothfairy and a NY Yankee with heart. Yeah, libraries. Remember those? You could, like, be loaned books and stuff?
- Grilled Cheese Truck Hits the Streets This Summer: Still don’t think Boston is the most perfect city in the world to live in? Enter the grilled cheese truck. It’s heaven. But cheesier. And the brainchild of an Emerson grad. Let’s hear it for my alma mater!
- Why You Might NOT Want To Be Like Gary Vee: Because there are some things more important than work. Like your life. And the people you’re lucky enough to have in it. Impress those guys before you try to impress everyone else.
- Looking for My Huge, Freaking Sword of Awesome: This should be required reading for women everywhere. Just read it. And then find someone to give a sword.
- The State Of The Oatmeal: Everyone loves The Oatmeal, but I think those of us in the search community love it just a little bit more. Because we knew Oatmeal when he was just Matt. And that’s why reading about Matt’s new adventure makes me tear up a little. And by “a little” I mean it’s like watching the finale of Gilmore Girls. z0mg!
- The Daily Bunny: I know. I’m sorry to throw a bunny into the WCL but, ITSSOCUTE! I keep telling Rhea we need an Outspoken bunny but she says no. Rhea is mean.
- Most Unfortunate Names Revealed: This is guaranteed to improve your Saturday OR your money back. Tim Burr? Seriously? Jo King? OMG, I’m dying.
- Stand Up While You Read This!: How sitting offsets the benefits of jogging. Or…how your day job is secretly killing you and there’s nothing you can do to stop it. SUCKA!
- Pickle Defeats ‘Nickleback’ In Facebook Fan Battle: The grassroots FB group “Can this pickle get more fans than Nickleback?” has officially attracted more fans in two weeks than the official Nickleback page has in its entire existence. Ouch?
- Red States/Blue States: Visual evidence documenting why Arizona and Nevada are the two best states in America. [Other than Massachusetts, of course.]
- 5 Travel Lessons You Can Use At Home: The way you travel is a metaphor for how you live your life. I live my life three hours early for everything. And with gummi bears in hand.
Okay, those are mine. Now it’s your turn. Whatcha got? Tell me or I’ll send this growling bear after you!
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.