Hey, hey, Friends! It’s Saturday and there are rumors of three day weekends abound. Huzzah! Well, huzzah for you. I still have to work. While you’re enjoying some time off I hope you get a chance to tune into the Winter Olympics, which had its big Opening Ceremonies last night. We have to give them some love. I mean, they’re in Canada this year. That’s like putting them in the Neighborhood of Make Believe and unicorns. I’m kidding! There are also lots of fiddles. And tap dancers.
Anyway, another week means more weekend coffee link goodness. So grab your favorite morning drink (and maybe some early Valentine’s Day chocolate) and lets go on a ride.
- Love Your Family More Than Your Business: Entrepreneur.com published an article stating that if you’re going to start a business you’ll have to love it more than your family. Otherwise the business will be a miserable failure. Well, then. Happy Valentine’s Day, couples!
- Simon Says: Last week I offered up Tetris, this week it’s Simon Says. I hope you didn’t have plans this weekend, because you do now. Red, Red, Blue, Yellow, Blue, Yellow, GREEN!
- Why Winning Streaks End: This article is full on insight and offered me my favorite new quote: Winners become sinners when confidence turns into complacency and arrogance. I wonder if I can get that on a pillow?
- Norwegians Attack: OMG, who wants to go grab wetsuits and head out attacking cars? Yeah? Yeah! LET’S GO!
- Barbie’s Next Career: Because Old Barbie wasn’t vapid enough, New Barbie appears to be channeling iJustine. Old Barbie was a much better role model for young girls, what with her impossible proportions, lack of purpose and love for a plastic man named Ken. At least she had a pink corvette. Justine just has an iPhone.
- How To Write About Your Life: Apparently I should stop waiting for my moment of redemption and just get writing. I suppose that’s good. I’m not sure my redemption moment was coming anyway.
- 100 Top Entrepreneurs Who Succeeded Without a College Degree: Because you can’t teach hunger, hustle or heart. The latter is proven by the fact that Barry Diller is included on the list. Why no, I’m NOT over that yet, why do you ask?
- Greatest WWF Campaign Ever: Ouch. Now that’s how you pull off a guilt trip.
- Why Do People Push Placebo Buttons?: Because it gives them something to do in elevators other than hum and feel awkward?
- Japanese Ukulele Duo!: The fiddlers at last night’s Opening Ceremonies have nothing on these knitted ukulele…players. Ukulele’ists? Ukulelians? I don’t know. It’s cute.
Those are my favorite links of the week. What did you stumble across? If you have something awesome, drop it in the comments. If not, have a great weekend anyway. And remember to show someone some love on Valentine’s Day, even if it’s just yourself (or your favorite blogger).