Weekend Coffee Links: Drunk Moose Editionby Lisa Barone on 09/10/2011 • 1 Comment | Reading Nuggets
Hey, hey, we’re back to the weekend. And if you’re on the East Coast, you’ll be happy to hear IT’S NOT SUPPOSED TO RAIN! I know! It’s like a Christmas miracle or something. Before you go run out and enjoy the nice weather, why not snack on some delicious fresh-picked Weekend Coffee Links? They’re both entertaining and nutritious.
- I guess that makes me special: A great piece for when you’re viewed as “less than” simply because your normal deviates from everyone else expects. In other words, please keep your internal neuroses to yourself.
- Waking up full of awesome: Remember when you were five and woke up every day feeling like a superhero who was awesome and could rule the world? When did you stop waking up like that? Why?
- Explaining when I was 13 to a 13 year old: Hilarious. I see many more of these conversations in our future. But admit it, you had a beeper. I know you had a beeper.
- What teachers really want to tell parents: Why parents should be a partner, instead of prosecutor.
- How to Get Rich: A post Mark Cuban wrote back in 2008. It’s still awesome three years later.
- Man dies of toothache: No, this story isn’t from 1911, it’s from 2011. Sometimes when you don’t have health insurance and can’t afford to pay bills, you make dumb decisions that cost you your life. At 24.
- How Stress is Killing You [Chart]: What exactly is happening to your body while you’re freaking out about that proposal you have due. Read it and weep, and then maybe die.
- Seemingly-drunk Swedish moose found stuck in tree: Because he’s not just any moose, he’s a SWEDISH moose. And he’s “seemingly-drunk”. And in a tree. Good God, I love the Internet. And Swedish moose.
- 21-foot crocodile captured in Philippines: I…just…NO. STOP. IS THIS REAL LIFE?
And that’s it. I hope you have a fantastic weekend. Don’t forget – we’ll be providing full SMX East liveblogging coverage right here all next week.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.