Weekend Coffee Links: Thin Mints Editionby Lisa Barone on 02/26/2011 • 3 Comments | Reading Nuggets
Welcome back to the weekend! It feels like we just did this, doesn’t it? I think my weeks are losing themselves in each other. That must mean I’m getting older. I’m currently hanging out on Long Island and remembering just why I moved off of it, but here are some delicious links for you to enjoy. It’s my weekend gift to you.
Here we go:
- Why women hit the media glass ceiling: Dear women, we need your voices. If you want to be published, PITCH. And if you’re turned down, pitch again to somewhere else. I’m doing the same thing you are.
- US will no longer defend anti-gay marriage law: The Justice Department will no longer fight to support the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act in court. Baby steps, people, baby steps.
- 10 things I want my kids to learn about money: Stuff your parents sometimes forget to teach you. Or at least mine did. Or maybe I just wasn’t listening? Sorry, dad.
- Why I’m Not Married (and it’s not because I’m an angry slut): If you caught last week’s Huffington Post link that blamed women for their singlehood, Jessica Ravitz writes a breathtaking follow up piece for CNN. It’s gorgeous and you should read it.
- Facebook ‘Breakup Notifier’ Makes Facebook Stalking Easy: Oh yeah, this is also why I’m not married. Because people are *scary* and want to prey on you when you’re weak.
- Shoemoney’s Road to Affiliate Summit: A documentary of what it’s like to be Shoemoney at a conference. It’s awesomely put together and I almost want to send it to everyone I know and yell, SEE, THIS IS WHY I COME HOME SO TIRED! Sorry. Had to get that out.
- Woman Attacks Roommate Over Thin Mints: Whatever. You’d do the same thing and you know it. Girl Scout cookies are not to be messed with.
- Insane Georgia Bill Could Criminalize Miscarriage: God forbid I ever lose a child, I DARE you to try and investigate. Try it. I’ll break your face.
- I’d feel better if I at least had nachos: Hilariousness from The Bloggess. You can’t tell me you don’t think about driving off a bridge every time you drive over one. You’d never do it but you THINK about it. You know you do.
- Family Feud Bloopers: Sabre sent this to me earlier in the week and, well, let’s just say productivity dropped greatly.
And that’s it from me. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. I’ll see you back here Monday. :)
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.