Hey, guys. It’s Saturday. That means its time to check in and maybe share some laughs. How was your week? Get it all done? If not, no worries. That’s why God created the weekend. And Monday. At least I figure that’s why She created Monday. I surely haven’t found any other good use for it yet.
It was another busy week, but luckily there were lots of good reading nuggets to help get us through it. Here are some of the interesting links I stumbled across. If you have something you think people should hear about it, drop it in the comments. And yeah, you can promote your own stuff. Self-promotion is the new black.
- A chorus of mad grandmas: What’s more intimidating than a gaggle of grandmas singing about corporate bullshit to the tune of Three Blind Mice? NOTHING, that’s what!
- First person Tetris: No. You’re welcome.
- Physicists kill cancer with ‘nanobubbles’: While we love any story about killing cancer, ‘nanobubbles’ marks my greatest word find of the week. The article says they work like little jackhammers, which pretty much makes them the cutest thing to happen to cancer since pink ribbons.
- Toyota’s new motto: Get it? Because their cars are being recalled! Ah, fun times, fun times.
- Turkish girl, 16, buried alive for talking to boys: Something to make you think.
- Sills, 13, Commits to USC: USC just signed a 13-year-old quarterback to their football team. If you listen really closely you can hear his underdeveloped body being broken in half by fully-grown 300lb men.
- Dog shoots hunter: Because simply biting would have been beneath him.
- When should a couple go ‘Facebook Official’?: My favorite link of the entire round up. Jamie Varon is my hero. [After the girl in question finished crying, she created this cartoon.]
- Puppy Starting Line-up: The big game is on this weekend and there’s just enough time to get acquainted with the starters. You don’t want to look like a fool when you can’t name the stars, do you? [I hear they’ll be playing some football around the game, if you’re into that.]
Okay, I’m done sharing. It’s your turn.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.