Happy weekend to you! How did everything go the past seven days? This was a busy week for everyone at Outspoken media, as we frantically got caught up from PubCon and the hell that Vegas wreaks on your body. But let’s not speak of that now. It’s Saturday. The most glorious day of the week. And there are links! Below are some of the most interesting links that caught my eye this week. Let me know what you think and please do share some of your own favs, as well. We’ll make a train.
- Who You Are And What They Say: I’ve found this is mostly true if you’re a woman, but I guess it maybe applies to guys too. Also? Suck it, world. It’s not my fault you can’t handle this.
- Beyond a Reasonable Doubt: When real life meets Law & Order. Interesting stuff.
- Now that’s initiative: A 17-year-old was frustrated by how long it was taking for the white iPhone 4 to be released…so he contacted Apple’s supplier, ordered the parts, and started selling them himself. He’s either a genius or about to get tackled with a big, big lawsuit. Hopefully, Apple just gives him a job.
- TSA Enhanced Pat Downs: The Screeners Point Of View: If you’ve been on Twitter this week, you’ve heard everyone ELSE’S opinion on TSA’s new “security measures”, now hear what 17 TSA Officers have to say about it.
- Doctors save girl’s hand by grafting it to her leg: A 9-year-old girl lost her hand in a tractor accident. To save it, doctors grafted it to her calf for three months. And it WORKED! Score one for modern medicine.
- Playing the woman card: It is no one’s job to empower you. Do it yourself or stop whining about it.
- Make your own Four Loko Homebrew: In case you haven’t heard, the alcoholic energy drink that is Four Loko has been banned from shelves in New York and Pennsylvania, and people are kind of going crazy about it. However, fret not, there are already instructions for how to make your own blackout in a can. Enjoy! [Responsibly, of course.]
- Truths for Mature Humans: This is one of those things you just have to print out and tape somewhere. Also, a big “AMEN!” to numbers 1-4, 10, 17, 20, 24 and 31. Also, I wish you could see my giggle tears.
- The Bottom-Line Diet: It’s simple, but you’re not going to do it. And popular opinion says the “after” version guy looks like Greg Boser. I have no opinion. I’m just sharing.
- 50 pictures of chipmunks stuffing food into their mouths: What? Sometimes you just gotta.
That’s my Saturday collection. It’s your turn, Internet.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.