Happy Saturday! I’m glad you’re here because today is a big day in the world of Outspoken Media. It’s the day that me and Rhea move into our brand new Troy office. I KNOW! It’s almost like we have real jobs. I can’t wait to tell my dad. But…that’s not why you’re here. It’s Weekend Coffee Links time. The one day of the week we dedicate to sharing our best Web finds, all the stuff that made us laugh, made us think, or maybe had us shaking our fists at our computer monitor. It’s all served up hot for your amusement. You supply the coffee.
Ready to go?
- Addressing the Lack of Women Leading Emerging Tech: Female tech execs band together to address the dearth of women in top positions at emerging tech firms. And when they do, controversy ensues. Girls are drama.
- Why the devil prefers to invade the bodies of young girls: When it’s a girl who becomes possessed, we become protective of her and concerned about her well-being. When it’s a guy, we just assume he’s being a sex-crazed guy. I mean, I guess that makes sense.
- Mom snuggles preemie back to life: Told her lifeless baby was gone, a mother is unwilling to let go and snuggles her child for two hours. The baby then ‘comes back to life’. Lesson: Snuggles save lives. Put that on a T-shirt.
- Introversion and shyness are not the same thing: Introverts spend energy in order to be social; they recharge by being alone. This is why Lisa sometimes disappears after conferences or busy weekends. Leave me alone. I’m charging.
- Til Whatever Do Us Part: A really good read about the increased number of people bailing out on marries for “soft reasons”. If it’s not “to death do us part” than it’s really just legally sanctioned dating and annoying people with couple Facebook photos.
- If historical events had Facebook statuses: I should be so grown up and mature that this isn’t funny but, well, we all know that I’m not.
- Tiger cub found among stuffed toys in Bangkok luggage: How not to smuggle a tiger: Hide it with the rest of your stuffed animals. Got it. I mean, not that I have stuffed animals. Don’t judge me.
- Sleep Deprivation: What Commanders Should Know: Rhea suggested I include this link on sleep deprivation since neither of us have slept in weeks, what with the doing work, meetings, finding office space, employee hunting and lots of other stuff. Basically…we’re all really tired and snappy.
- China’s 9-day traffic jam: People in China have been stuck in traffic for nine days. NINE DAYS! I’ve heard people complain about long commutes, but geez.
- McDonald’s Hamburgers: Almost Entirely Indestructible: New York photographer Sally Davies is on a mission to see how long it will take for a McDonald’s hamburger to decompose or, at least, do SOMETHING. So far it’s been 137 days and the burger looks exactly the same. Yum!
And that’s it from me. What goodness did you stumble across this week?
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.