Hey, Hey, Saturday Friends! I hope you had a killer week. I spent mine getting caught up from vacation and trying not to melt in blistering Troy, NY. We’re in the middle of Heatpocalypse, you know? Luckily the weather should be breaking any moment now. That means wherever you are, right now is the perfect time to grab a Saturday drink and dip in to some Weekend Coffee Links. Ready? I’ve been waiting for you all week!
Here are my top finds for the week. Feel free to share yours down below. In fact, I’d totally love it if you did.
- Kids’ Letters From Camp: I mean, what’s better than camp memories? Nothing. My camp experience consisted of me making up so many reasons to go to the nurse that a letter was sent home saying I was acting out for attention. But I showed them. Now I get paid to act out for attention. Muahaha!
- “yeah, that’s not what I was looking for at all”: Read this. Now. You’ll get a full ab workout from laughing so hard. Hilariously awesome.
- Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert: Unless you live under a rock, you heard that LeBron James left the Cavaliers and signed with the Miami Heat. Following the decision Dan Gilbert summoned his inner 14-year-old girl and wrote a scathing letter to James calling his act one of cowardly betrayal. To add to the comic relief, the whole letter is written in Comic Sans. It’s what Internet memes are made of.
- Lucky: I suddenly wish I was getting married in the Fall if only so I could say it over and over again. But, Guys, Sarah Brown actually is getting married in the Fall! Swoon!
- How feminist blogs like Jezebel gin up page views by exploiting women’s worst tendencies: Just one of the many posts about women, the Web and stereotypes this week. Also check out Susan Esparza’s post over at Bruce Clay, “On Tech, Women and You’re Not Helping“. Also watch as Susan’s mother takes a shot at Michael Gray in the comments. BURN!
- I Think This Video Is Better If I Don’t Tell You What It Is If you grew up in the 90s, you’ll appreciate this. If not, you’ll probably have no idea what’s going on. It’s okay, go take a pill and lie down.
- Drowning Doesn’t Look Like Drowning: A post dedicated to helping you realize the REAL signs that someone may be in trouble. You may be surprised. Definitely worth a read, especially as we continue our way through summer. Stay safe and look out for one another.
- Did bicycle web site contribute to cycler’s death?: Let me help you with this – NO, NO IT DID NOT!
- Silly Putty ingredient found in McNuggets: I’ll just add this to the Things I Wish I Didn’t Know list…and then go nom more nuggets. After I finish the ice cream I’m having for breakfast.
- Kitties Rescued by US Marine Soldiers in Afghanistan: Prepare to “aw”. And then “aw” some more.
That’s it from me. What interesting links did you stumble across this week? Don’t get shy on me now.