Welcome to Saturday, my friends. More importantly, welcome to my vacation as I write this one from the road. Don’t worry, after this post I have vowed to sign off from the Internet for the next week to enjoy some downtime. However, I couldn’t very well leave you without something fun to read for your Saturday morning, could I? Of course not! I loves you too much.
Before we hop into the link list, I also wanted to mention Hupspot’s Facebook Page Marketing Guide that was released earlier this week. It combines Facebook marketing tips from a super smart group of marketing consultants and bloggers and I’d encourage you to give it a read. There’s even a section written by yours truly. You can add it to the rest of your Saturday reading. But now onto the links!
- The 70-Year-Old Mother, Steel Magnolias, IVF, and Why We Judge: If you know you won’t live to raise your child, is it fair for you to have one? An interesting (yet touchy) conversation over at BlogHer.
- Confessions of an Online Stalker: This is terrifying in an “omg, what have I done?” sort of way. It’s amazing I haven’t been abducted yet with all the information I share online. I have a problem.
- Cultural Transparency ÷ Risk = Upward Mobility: A little convoluted but worth the read if you can follow along. I like the idea of thinking about risk as cultural debt. It totally is.
- Pills v Candy: I just stumbled upon this earlier in the week and, OMG, rat poison looks delicious!
- Nurse in V-J Day kiss photo dies: Edith Shain passed away at the age of 91 but leaves behind an iconic photo that will last forever.
- This is why I’ll never be an adult: If this isn’t my life in a cartoon, I don’t know what it is. Ah, I love that blog, even if it is on blogspot.
- It’s Raining Oil in Louisiana: A new video that claims to show oil raining from the skies. Pair that one with the little girl screaming for mom to get the oil off her in Destin, FL and it’s almost too sad to handle. Our poor waters.
- Designer Neil Caldwell creates red, green, blue, (even purple!) BACON: Something different for all your weirdo bacon lovers. Yep, that’s right, I don’t like bacon. Judge me.
- Backstreet Boys Team Up With New Kids On The Block In New York: OMG, guys! New Kids On The Block performed a Backsteet Boys song in New York and then the Backstreet Boys APPEARED to sing it with them. Chaos ensued. Have a watch.
And that does it for me. Time to sign off and do this vacation thing proper. Remember to come hang out on the blog next week. We have a serious list of guest bloggers that you’re not going to want to miss. See you in July! :)