Happy Weekend! It’s been a fun week here on the blog. We tracked Outspoken’s summer plans, chatted about blogger hypocrites, how to get social ROI from conferences, and then ended it all up with a great debate on Twitter snobs. You guys helped create some discussions and I thank for it. Also, most of you seem to think I’m not a snob. Huzzah!
To make things even more fun – it’s Saturday! And it is absolutely GORGEOUS here in Troy, NY today. That means as much as I love you, I’m about to go run around in the grass and pick some flowers. But before I do that, here are the links that caught my eye this week. It’s a little light due to lots of travel, layovers and canceled flights, so I’m hoping you’ll help me fill in the blanks. For your effort, I offer up this baby hippo. Baby hippo!
On to the links!
- Jessica’s Daily Affirmation: How much better would your week be if you started every day like this? Also, did anyone else spend the whole video fearful that little girl was going to fall off the sink and get hurt. I feel old.
- How not to advertise a job: Fail. He really should have gone with a bit.ly URL, don’t you think?
- Attractive Women Make Men Impatient: When a man sees an attractive woman his brain starts considering immediate rewards, instead of thinking long term. Right. It must be so hard to a man and have no control over your thoughts. Poor things.
- A 13-Year-Old Takes On Everest, and Sets Off a Debate: Should a 13-year-old boy be allowed to climb the highest mountain in the world? I can barely make it up my steps.
- $#*! My Dad Says Preview: William Shatner + Twitter = WIN!
- ‘Artificial life’ breakthrough announced by scientists: I’m sure this won’t end badly. What could go wrong?
- Toddlers Who Lie Will Do Better: It seems the earlier in life you learn to lie, the better you’ll do. Which…I guess, most of us already knew.
- Baby’s First Skinny Jeans: Awesomesauce. The article, I mean. The product is ridiculous.
- Neighbors worry someone may be severing cats’ heads: Folks think someone may be severing cat heads because they keep showing up on neighborhood streets. I…WHAT?
- FFFFOUND!: Mine! Mine! Mine!
And that sums up my good finds. Whatcha holding on to, Internet?