Heya, Kids, it’s Saturday! And it’s MAY! I hope you made it through your week (and month) unscathed. It seemed to be a pretty calm one, at least over here. I think we all had way too much work hanging over our heads to get mouthy or find any real trouble. I mean, not that I didn’t want to be the one responsible for this week’s boobquake. Because, c’mon, I did. Maybe next time. Below are some of the links that caught my attention, horrified me or made me go, “aw” this week. Things were a little light so I guess everyone else was super busy working, too.
Here’s what I found.
- Chimpanzee Mothers Carry Their Mummified Dead Infants: Super interesting look at how chimps continue to look after and care for their offspring even after they’ve passed on. A mother’s protective bond and all that jazz.
- Chocolate lovers are more depressive: …which is why they spend so much time crying and eating chocolate alone, on their couches. Also, STOP JUDGING ME!
- Tummy Tubs: Did you know they make Tupperware to store infants? I didn’t. That better come with a lid.
- Death at 25: Blogging the end of a life: If you know you’re life is coming to an end, do you hide away or do you seek out a connection with the world through blogging? A really brave story that will totally and completely break your heart.
- When being professional is harmful: Why you don’t have to act serious to be taken seriously. Read it, love it, stick it on your wall. And then lighten the heck up.
- Boy Scouts of America Re-Introduce Entrepreneurship Badge: May as well teach ‘em to ignore the rules early, right?
- Fiverr: What normal people will do for five dollars, including give you a cheap SEO plan. Careful, when you pay for Walmart SEO, you get Walmart SEO. Still, what some people will do for five dollars is a little terrifying.
- In Which “Actress” Jamie Chung Tries To Steal My Dead Dog: Some crazycakes chick is going all Single White Female on my girl Jamie Varon and Jamie basically has a shit fit. And uses lots of exclamation points to tell the story, as Jamie Varon is known to do.
- The Most Influential Women In Technology: Don’t go looking, you won’t find anyone from Outspoken Media there. I know. I was surprised, too.
- Experimental Gummy Bear Surgeries: It’s cute AND delicious!
- Meet Finn and Jaws: Okay, this is totally self-serving, but I just got two fishees last night! Aren’t they cute?
Okay, now it’s your turn. What fancy blue words stopped you this week? I’m going hiking in a little bit so I’m gonna need something to read when I’m immobile on the couch and can’t feel my legs.