Hello! Welcome back to Saturday and congrats on making it this far! I hope your week treated you well and that your weekend will soon be filled with belly laughs, naps, and whatever other odd stuff you’re into. Personally, I see some major napping and Girl Scout cookie eating in my future. But before all THAT can kick off, I present you with my picks for the most interesting and/or amusing links of the week. You’re sure to find something interesting to catch your eye and bring up over brunch. Ready?
- Boy skis into bear den, lives: A 12-year-old boy fell into a bear den and managed to get out with just a few scratches. Sadly, the bear cubs who live there may not be so lucky. Go snuggle your young, mama bear!
- Bronx Zoo Cobra found: Speaking of things that could kill you, the poisonous Egyptian cobra that escaped last week has been found safe and sound back at the zoo. While that’s great and all, I do hope he keeps tweeting.
- The Art of the Press Release: Greg Garcia, the man behind Raising Hope, wrote a press release to mainstream media explaining why they should write about his show. Why do I never get press releases like this? I only get the boring ones.
- I won’t murder you: When your friends told you that only creeps hunt for relationships on the Internet, they were talking about this guy.
- On Saying No: The article is from 2008 but I still haven’t learned the lesson. You probably haven’t either.
- Baby Jessica Turns 25: Remember that little baby that fell down the well for 52 or so hours? She’s 25 now and has two kids. She also has access to her $800,000 trust fund people created on her behalf. Yowsa. Hopefully she does something useful with the money.
- A large movie popcorn = 3 Big Macs: Yeah. File that under “things you wish you didn’t know”.
- Twin baby boys have a conversation: Two 17-month-old twins just hanging out in their diapers having a conversation. Oh, if only we understood baby talk.
- 25 Stars From The 90s You Probably Didn’t Know Where On Twitter: I know I should be way too mature for this list but, who are we kidding? Rider Strong! DJ! MY ENTIRE CHILDHOOD!
- Skittles Touch: Cat: I really have no words for this video other than you have to watch it. And I blame Greg Finn for introducing it to me.
That’s it from me. What caught your eye this week?