Weekend Coffee Links: Flash Fans Editionby Lisa Barone on 02/04/2012 • No Comments | Reading Nuggets
Welcome to SuperBowl weekend. Are you ready to watch the Patriots destroy the Giants and get a little payback? I know I am. ;) But before all that, let’s snack on some Weekend Coffee Links. They’re nutritious AND hilarious. What more could you ask for? Nothing, I say.
First we’ll share what caught our eye this week, then you can share your own links in the comments.
- Flash Fans: This commercial will run during Sunday’s game but you can see it here first. It’s the work of Budweiser Canada and, fine, I was completely crying by the end of it. I love when brands do awesome things. This will be remembered way after the Patriots tromp the Giants.
- It’s not me, it’s you: A New York Times article about how Facebook has made the “defriending” process easier, if not more blunt. Also some good information about how we form friends and then, sometimes, grow out of them.
- The wilderness survival skills everyone should know: I’m not sure where I was when they were handing out survival skills in school, but I definitely didn’t get any. If you’re in the same boat, this guide may just be the paddle you were looking for but didn’t know how to carve yourself.
- 28 words that don’t exist in the English language: Oh, but how we wish they did.
- Lost in translation: No one tells a story like The Bloggess. And apparently no one creates mugs like she does either. And if you haven’t pre-ordered her book, you should. Because it’s going to be awesome. I already have.
- Kirsten Bell’s Sloth Meltdown: If you haven’t watched this yet, you must. Even if you don’t know who Kristen Bell is, it’ll be worth it.
- How to pronounce things hilariously: Just trust me. Go check it out.
- 10 awesome ways to have a really great time with your friends: I originally clicked on this thinking it might be give me some good ideas on what to do this weekend…but then I immediately started laughing. Because I have NO idea what this article is talking about. ;)
That’s it from us. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and we’ll meet you back here next week.
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.