Happy Weekend! How was your week? I hope you got more done than I did. Between a visit from Outspoken Media’s Michelle Lowery and various visits from puppies and kitties, well, it was a week of good distractions. I promise next week will be better. Oh, and if you’re local, don’t forget to come hang out with me and Rhea in Hudson on Tuesday when we speak at the HV 140 conference going on. We’ll be dishing on how to find hot local talent.
But now onto the links!
- The Problem with Perfection: I love this article from the Harvard Business Review so much I’d open-mouth kiss it if I could. Just read it. Everyone. And then do something you maybe haven’t done in awhile – ACT.
- 13-Year-Old Looks at Trees, Makes Solar Power Breakthrough: This 13-year-old is already more awesome than you’ll probably ever be. Try not to take it too hard.
- Don’t play victim to your smartphone: Hello. My name is Lisa and I would love for you to do me a favor. If you and I are in a social situation PUT THE SMARTPHONE DOWN and actually talk to me. Yes, me, the person who agreed to go out in public with you. The people on the Internet will be there when you get back. Please don’t make me stab you.
- Dogs can smell cancer: Dude. Pair this with earlier stories this week about brain-eating amoebas and killer mosquitoes and I’m investing in an air-tight bubble. And no, I’m not sharing.
- Doing Things That Scare The Sh*t Out Of You: Because, let’s face it, conquering your fears is awesome. And hearing about those who have done it encourages us to take the same action and great.
- Coming back from a breakdown: Gail Porter shares what it was like to be locked up in a mental ward for three weeks dealing with depression and mental illness and how she got her life back. Love.
- Get Off Your Ass: It Could Save Your Life: Sure. Just don’t go outside or drink the water because the brain-eating amoebas will kill you.
- A Mini-Manifesto: My bud Jamie Varon gives us 11 things to live by. Ironically, the last rule on her list advises to break all the rules.
- Anderson Cooper vs a case of the giggles: I wouldn’t really call myself an Anderson Cooper fan but how can you NOT lose it watching a grown man break out into giggle tears? It’s impossible.
That’s it for me. See you next week. :)